Lenovo Vibe P1m at ₹7600 - Initial Review

Thread Starter #1
Bought a "Lenovo vibe p1m" Android phone for ₹7600/-, for my daughter.

Brief Specs:
5 inch HD display
2 GB RAM
16 GB storage
Dual micro SIM, 2G / 3G / 4G
up to 32 GB micro SD Card support
Android 5.1
Cameras : 8MP & 5 MP
148g weight
4000 mAh HUGE Battery

There was an OTA update available, for 1GB. Downloaded and installed. What it does ? No idea.

Reasons to choose :
Didn't want to spend more than 8k for a 1st year College student. Phones get lost in college, you know. Was dilly dallying between "Vibe p1m, Moto E and Redmi 2 prime". Moto discarded due to the small screen resolution and Redmi discarded as few colleagues reported issues in the latest batch. The huge Battery made the phone more appealing.

In white color, it looks cute. So my wife has snatched it for now (giving daughter the Zenfone 5).

Initial Opinion :
Somehow, it doesn't feel heavy. The ladies at home have Monopoly over it. It does the job. Call quality is very good. Doesn't drop signal. In-call and loud speakers are good. Speaker is loud. The battery lasts for close to 2-2.5 days (1.5 hrs talk time, 7+ hours of screen on time). The screen looks good. It also feels good.

None of us liked the iOS like UI (without separate App drawer). Installed ZenUI & wife feels comfy.

The Camera : OK for the price; can't compete with Zenfone 5 though.

Would I recommend this phone ?
Yes.
But, if Moto E was with HD resolution, I would have gone for it. A Moto is Moto; owned by Lenovo or not.

Full review by two sites are here :Lenovo Vibe P1M review: Big on battery and performance, low on price
and
Review: Lenovo Vibe P1m - Livemint

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Update - Battery Life

This screenshot was taken at 10PM on 12-Feb. The Battery lasted for 2 Days, 15 Hrs and still had 39% power left. I think I saw a screen on time of around 2.5 Hrs plus. This 2.5 Hrs is because my daughter uses Vibe when my wife is busy with something else [:D] For High Command, the main consumption is only voice calls.

This Screenshot was transferred using USB OTG. So simple.

vibe 2016-02-12 10pm.png

Top Bottom