Reporter Saab Buys Samsung Smartphone Again! Kahani Phone Ki!!

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
It was a regular Sunday morning until I got to know that my other Samsung phone developed a freak issue all of a sudden. It for me was like one of those moment when all of a sudden without any reason, your fiance/wife/gf snubs you and even after best effort you are not aware as to what happened. After much checking and phoonk maar, I understood that the charging point of the phone went off and it cannot be charged any further. It was at 4% and refused to charge any further. I felt like it was more like a moment when you are banking on your girlfriend/wife to accompany you to a party or event and all of a sudden she develops bad stomach. I could not believe how can my phone develop such an issue and that too without any prior symptoms. I shouted with all power of my lungs and called dad. He came running with half face covered with shaving cream and asked what happened. I politely in a low tone told him "Phone charge nahi hua" (Phone isn't charging") and listening to this, he somehow managed to control his anger and said "Tu pagal hai kya?"(Are you mad!!) I thought maybe something serious is there! You today's generation don't have patience and specially you the lazy bum! He kept on his lecture for a good 7-8 minutes and once ended "Kuch kehna nahi hai tumhe?" (don't you have anything to say)? And I opened my mouth much to the never ending dismay of my dad, "Paa ek naya phone le lete hain" and from his half-shaving cream covered face, I could see how his face had that expression of devastation and sarcasm. It was one of those type of expressions, which your girlfriend shows when you ask her "Baby can we dutch the restaurant bill please on your 1st anniversary"and what followed next was a conversation between a worthless (in the eyes of my dad) son and a father who is more worried about me to get settled in my life!!

step0003.jpg

*Shall continue later!

Very interesting write-up Akash. Really enjoyed readings this initial part, waiting eagerly for you to unfold the story.

Was this charging issue the only reason to get a phone? Anyway congrats on the new phone! [clap]

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So, yesterday night, when my entire sector was fast asleep at 12:30am, I was chatting on Whatsapp with Pallavi and another friend. My eyes could no longer bear the screen light and I slowly went into deep sleep by closing the app and the last I saw, battery was at 18% that time. So, knowing that in night it would blink and buzz due to low battery I switched off the phone and as a ritual of every morning, my dad took my phone for charging. He is pathetically old-school when it comes to high end phones et al. So, he did not check that much and connected charger to the phone. The screen lit up but the icon did not change. When I got up to check, hell fell on me. Now I had an event to attend and this phone ditched me. What to do!!! So, then began the dialogue between a hopeless son and a worried father!

Me: Shouted on top of my lungs!

Paa: Kya hua?? (What happened)

Me: Phone Charge nhi hua (Phone hasn't charged)

Paa: Lagaya to tha (I had connected it)

Me: Did you check the icon!

Paa: Which Icon?

Me: Charging Icon!

Paa: (With face half covered in shaving cream) Pata nahi (Don't know)

Me: It is not working

Paa: Try it on some other plug

Me: Still not working.

Paa: Try another charger

Me: Not working either.

Paa: Then leave it and forget it!

Me: Bhool Jaaun!! Kaise Bhul Jaun!! Isme bahut si personal pics hain! Bahut se yaaden hain aur tumne kaha mae isey bhul jaaun!! (Forget it! How can I forget it, it has many personal pics and memories in it and you are saying Forget it)

Paa: Subah Subah ye kaali shawl orh kar Swarg ka Rajesh Khanna mat ban (In the morning, by wearing this black shawl, don't act like Rajesh Khanna of Swarg movie)

Paa: You have always wasted the money. Unnecessary expense now to get this phone repaired.

Me: It is in warranty. Will be repaired in Warranty.

Paa: Till then what will you do!!

Me: I'll buy another phone as simple as that!!

Paa: Who will pay for it??

Me: Tum karoge aur kaun (You'll pay who else)

Paa: Not a single penny!!

Me: Forget about my marriage then!

Paa: You go and even jump down I'll not pay single penny.

Me: Mummy ko bulaun kya? (Should I call mom)

Paa: I am not scared of her, call her. It has been so many years with her!

Me: Called out Mom.

Mom: What's on between you two?

Paa: He wants a new phone as purana wala kharab ho gya.

Mom asks me now how it all happened and I narrated her. To my surprise she patted on my back. My chest grew larger with pride!![:D][:D]

Me: Now what do you say!!

Paa: I can't risk my meals, so I have no choice but to allow you for another phone you fool. But listen, this would be the last phone on my credit card. Use your own Credit card.

Me: Credit Card ka statement date hai, don't want to burden myself!

Paa: What the hell!! Last time I am allowing you! How come all of a sudden you are so concerned for credit card payment?

Me: See I am 29, happily working in our company, I have to learn my responsibilities, I have to think of future!

Paa: Future, Responsibility?? E X C U S E M E!!! You forgot, you're still unmarried!

Me: I am running out of time, we'll solve it later, I have an appointment too. So that is how I escaped today from the claws of my dad.

Me now without tying my ponytail rushed to Samsung outlet and bought the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with 8mp rear cam, 5 MP selfie cam, 4G, nice and big display, dual sim for 9800/- and as soon as the SMS of transaction reached my dad, he as usual told mom "Ye ladka kabhi nahi sudhrega" (This chap won't ever improve). With this new phone, I headed straight to BIC and covered the Auto-Cross day 2. Some pics of the old phone, today's bill and new phone's box.

20151220_213109.jpg

20151220_213356.jpg

20151220_213450.jpg

So, my sincere word to bachelors out there, if you want to avoid the nagging of your father specially, get settled in life asap. Had it not been for my mom, I wouldn't have got this phone.

Regards

Your's Reporter Saab! (Akash)

No matter what I have reached only one conclusion:
Irrespective of age and term of relation; the poor hubby always has to agree with the decision of wife!!

But reporter Saab I must tell you that I read that thrice and the best parts were:

Paa: Who will pay for it??

Me: Tum karoge aur kaun (You'll pay who else)

Haha.. So straight!! The day I do that, I am dead for sure. :biggrin:

Me: Forget about my marriage then!

That's an entirely new way of blackmailing in market :stupid:

Me: Mummy ko bulaun kya? (Should I call mom)

Paa: I am not scared of her, call her. It has been so many years with her!

Me: Called out Mom.

Mom: What's on between you two?

Paa: He wants a new phone as purana wala kharab ho gya.

Mom asks me now how it all happened and I narrated her. To my surprise she patted on my back. My chest grew larger with pride!!

Me: Now what do you say!!

Paa: I can't risk my meals, so I have no choice but to allow you for another phone you fool. But listen, this would be the last phone on my credit card. Use your own Credit card.

This specific part was epic!! Read it twice again while writing :lol!:

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So today, on the new phone, I added the screen guard and a protective case for the rear. Total expense of both is Rs. 250. Also got a new number for using whatsapp. I was warned by Vipul, if I don't use whatsapp, I'll have to face "Samajik Vahaiskar" i.e Full blown Boycott and that too very seriously!![lol] Can you all believe this!! Aaj se, my phone and dad's smartphone are separate. Baap bete ke bich phone ne darar dal di (Smartphone has created divide between father and son![;)])

20151222_190047.jpg

20151222_190058.jpg

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom