Was looking for a new phone for my brother yesterday. We were initially looking for a dual sim phone. but all such phones were very basic & lacked features. so i somehow convinced my brother to look for better single SIM phones.
Now, he is against touchscreen as he finds it cumbersome to use. so most of the better phones like iphone, galaxy, etc. were out. he likes compact phones which is feature loaded. so we came across SE X10 mini. he loved the phone except the fact that it was touch screen. so i showed him the X10 mini pro with QWERTY keypad. he immediately loved the phone & met all his requirements to the T.
It was compact, easy to use, had a 5MP cam & QWERTY keypad too. we bought one for 16,400. now, i use the SE X10 which costs Rs. 32k, still some of the features in the mini was better. a quick comparo between mini pro & X10-
1) mini has a automatic LEd flash for the cam with a direct tap for flash on/off. In the X10, the flash needs to be manually switched ON. it is said that this will be solved in the first upgrade of the X10. on the other hand, X10 has video light which the mini does not have.
2) it is easier to type messages in the mini owing to its QWERTY keypad.
3) Mini looks like the kid of my X10 & is very compact & lightweight.
4) cam quality of my X10 (8 MP) is much better than mini pro's 5 MP. Also, X10's cam has more features like face recognition & smile detection which mini lacks.
5) some apps like calender in my X10 needs you to sign in to google (its google calender). not so in the mini.
6) the mini has android market app which my X10 does not have.
7) screen res of mini is not as good as the X10. pics & vids are of average quality when compared to its big bro.
8) mini has TIMESCAPE but does not have MEDIASCAPE. instead for media, it has the regular album folder.
9) Speaker volume of mini is slightly more than X10.
10) Mini has FM which X10 does not have.
11) While the X10 looks bigger & visibly better, the mini looks cuter! http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=2964