My New Gionee Marathon M5 Review

Thread Starter #1
It has been more than 2.3 years and i was thinking of replacing my mobile. Finally with a heavy heart i listed my HTC One Dual Sim on 0LX and sold it for Rs 10,500

I was eyeing a dual sim phone with cdma / gsm options and this new Gionee Marathon M5 made me excited.

Specifications @ GSMARENA.

gionee.png

Here is my review :

32gb internal storage, 3GB ram, 6050mAH battery and 5.5" amoled display, 4g on both sims or one can use cdma+gsm or gsm+cdma. You can set data to work on either sim. What else does one want! It is a true world phone. The phone can also be used as a power bank to charge other devices. [evil]

Am using it with reliance cdma + dolphin as gsm and signals are great. Even better than my earlier HTC one dual sim. Evdo works awesome with cdma. One can use any of the 2 sim slots for cdma or both for 4g gsm.

I am a heavy user and easily get 2+ days with some juice remaining (data/wifi/bluetooth always on) thanks to the massive 6050 mAH battery. Though a bit heavy @ 211 grams, but you get used to it. GOLD color is the best and it has premium looks. The flip cover along with the phone is of nice quality but the plastic screen guard is a waste because it is not tempered glass. Better to buy a tempered glass screen guard online or after market shops @ 100 bucks.

Camera quality @ 13mp is seriously good. Low light pics are also good. Front cam @5mp also shoots sharp pics.

Smart screen gestures work ok. Double tap to wake and sleep etc make life easy. Coming from HTC, sense ui is much better than the native amigo 3.1 and it takes some time to understand this lackluster ui. They have packed a lot of innovative features like everyday changing lock screen wallpapers @ mood card, new wallpapers via an native app for this phone , smart gestures, theme park etc. The phone also has IR blaster wherein you can use it as a remote for other gadgets.

There is no app drawer which can be addressed by using any other launcher. Anyways I have not felt the need for an app drawer till date. Can always fall back on nova or next or halo launchers.

Music effects are awesome both via speak and headseT. It has DTS with various pre set modes and also u can adjust the equalizer though you wont need to. I like heavy bass and the native music app does not disappoint.

Overall it is a great buy @18000 and Gionee has surprised me with the looks and all metal body.

more reviews
https://www.gogi.in/gionee-marathon-m5-review.html
Gionee Marathon M5 Review | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Re: Review of my new Gionee Marathon M5

That battery back up is a killer! CDMA or GSM in both SIMs? That is great. Wish you happy time with your Gionee.

Top Bottom