Originally Posted by point_city96
Thanks for the reply searchingheaven
.Mine also quad Q6600.When before buying it i thought it would be super fast.But when using it very slow.I installed many games and it was about 45 gb.is that the problem or softwares?Will upgrading the os to windows 7 solve the problem?
My nvidia graphic is damaged.why i dont know.problem with the power suply.the computer will turn on for some seconds and turn off.when graphic card removed the problem was ok.
Does anyone know which is the cheapest 1gb or 2gb graphic card.
Yours is a multi-faceted problem. Taking the issue point wise. What i am stating are just preliminary steps drawn on conclusions from your response. After taking these steps it will be better to get your computer examined by a proper qualified technician.
1. People have a notion that quad cores are fastest among all. Yes they are. But not in general applications like gaming or light applications. They prove their mettle in 3D rendering jobs in Maya or 3DsMAX. There they will beat everything hollow. Applications like games are dependent more on the graphic cards than the processor. Of course the processor makes a diff. but very small.
2. More number of games or software will not affect your PC because you are not going to run them all at a time. 100GB or 50GB no matter. The startup time might be affected by 1 or 2 seconds per game. But nothing more.
3. Presuming you have Vista, get that piece of crap off your machine. It was the worst thing from microsoft ever. Get windows 7 as fast as you can or if you are comfortable with it, go for XP. It is the best ever for MSOFT.
4. If possible state your power supply wattage. If its anything below 1000, its gonna kill your PC components. This is possibly the reason for your dead graphic card.
5. The cheapest card available is the 'Palit 9600 GT'. Performance is good but long term reliability is a bit of concern. About this point i aint got much idea, just check this out with your local shop.
All said and done, good luck to you for your PC.