Sub-Standard Products from GIONEE!

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i am posting this on my friend's behalf who bought a gionee elife s5.1 phone for his mother.

the phone cracked on its own because of the heat. posting some pics as well as what he wrote on fb.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

i bought this phone for my mother in january and was able to use it only for 5 months.

on 4th may while my mother was talking the back glass of the phone (elife 5.1 )cracked on its own. the phone became quite hot even while talking. on 6th may i visited the service center located at ashok vihar , delhi and got to know that gionee has a tie up with micromax for after sales. i didn't mind , i just wanted my problem to be gone.

but i was shocked to their response when they told me to get the glass replaced before we do something under warranty and check for the heat problem.

i told them it broke while talking and the phone never fell on the ground. they replied " saar , gionee to garam hota hi hai , aese nahi tutega" they didn't do anything even after several attempts to convince them he called his senior Mr Sumit but he said the same thing. i have been using the cover that i got in the box.

i went back home to consult with my dad.

and then the same horrific thing happened. my mother was talking on the phone and now the front glass shattered on its own. the phone became hot which caused this problem. now the phone is lying in a droor and had to buy a new phone for the time being. this shows the pathetic quality of your handsets plus terrible after sales service who just wants to charge unnecessarily without even checking the phone.

there's no physical damage whatsoever. i am uploading the pics of the phone and no one can say that it fell anywhere. and one more thing i tried to convince that how come the glass shattered near the speakers and the earpiece , they remained silent.

bhvm

Honoured Member
the mobile CPU have become crazy fast. I think in few years we will need small heatsinks on them like we have on Intel desktop CPU.

the industry is sadly working towards numbers rather than optimization and efficiency.

Top Bottom