MTNL Wifi Problem: No Signals on First Floor

Thread Starter #1
Hi

We have a wifi mtnl connection which works fine in ground floor.

But, the signals are not coming on first floor. Any solution for that ?

Some, people are suggesting - Repeater.

But, i am confused how it works? which one to buy ? [surprise]

Concrete in walls does affect the quality of signals. You can check online sites like ebay etc for repeaters. Its function is to receive the signals from the router and repeat the signals further which extends the range. If you have an old router lying at your place somewhere, you can configure the same to be used as a repeater instead of buying a new one. Can check out youtube for configuration :). Hope that helps.

Re: MTNL Wifi problem - no signals on first floor

You should get wifi range extender, that will help to some extent. Configuration can be done as easily as configuring a modem. You will be using the same name and password as your modem.

Thread Starter #4
Re: MTNL Wifi problem - no signals on first floor

Crazy which wifi extender should i buy ?

Or you could buy a Modem with TWO antennas resulting in double the Gain which increases the range by about 20-25% (but doesn't double it). I've seen such modems on e-commerce sites but have never went in deep.

Hi,

Getting a wifi extender /a powerful wifi modem is the best solution.

With your existing modem, Make sure the modem is placed as center as possible in the house(Instead of keeping it in a corner of a room) -This will let more area of the home to b under the WiFi range.
Instead of keeping it on the table, hang them on the wall with the height highest as possible. -This will helps in getting better WiFi signal in the first floor.

Regards.,

Thread Starter #8
Hi,

Getting a wifi extender /a powerful wifi modem is the best solution.

With your existing modem, Make sure the modem is placed as center as possible in the house(Instead of keeping it in a corner of a room) -This will let more area of the home to b under the WiFi range.
Instead of keeping it on the table, hang them on the wall with the height highest as possible. -This will helps in getting better WiFi signal in the first floor.

Regards.,
Thanks which companies work best with mtnl ?

Thread Starter #10
You may get even more cheaper extender too. But generally I have seen good reviews for this. [:)]

No, nothing like that. You know, basically its the connection with the primary modem. All you will need to do is guide your extender to which wifi modem it need to be extended. Thats it.

Have a look into this link, it may be helpful for you.

Regards.,

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
I am facing installation issues. Confused how to do it ?
If you have less knowledge of networking,I suggest you to make complaint in MTNL for the modem or something else is not working and when some from their staff came, ask him to install that modem. Just 5 min work.
OR
Connect RJ11(telephone line from the splitter) to the back of the modem and connect LAN cable between laptop/desktop and modem.
After that open any browser and enter in the search bar(URL) 192.168.1.1(similar was written on the instruction manual) after that a menu appear enter "admin" as both user name and password.
I do not remember the option tab where you have to enter the login id and password provided by MTNL to you. [roll]

Top Bottom