Samsung Galaxy S4 V 5.0.1 - Extremely Disappointed

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,
Not much of a techie guy but have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Moto X. Recently I updated my S4 from V 4.4.2 (Kitkat) to V 5.0.1 (Lollipop). Despite people saying me not to go for the update I still updated it and that was one of worse decision [frustration]. The phone keeps on hanging up, apps keep on shutting down when I'm in use full swing using it and the key board keeps on going of. Believe me or not once the phone switched off itself when there is 100% charge[confused]. Don't no what is wrong with it. Would like to know a solution for this and how can this be stopped. Reverting back or any stabilisation update launched. Was a great Loyalist on it but I guess that's going down and am more inclined towards the Moto X. Please help me to get my phone back to shape as it was earlier. And would like to know when is Motorola launching an update for Moto X first gen. It's currently running on Android 4.4.4.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread almost after an year. Any updates on this issue Ani?
I'm using Galaxy S4 with Lolipop, No issues till date (touch-wood)

Unfortunately,there are no official updates. We are using custom ROMs.Sorry, I couldn't help you.I thought Samsung would have came out with official updates on 5.0.2.

Thread Starter #6
Bumping this thread almost after an year. Any updates on this issue Ani?
I'm using Galaxy S4 with Lolipop, No issues till date (touch-wood)
Boss. I sold it away long back and got Moto X First gen long back. Got tired of its issues.

Thread Starter #8
Hey,Aniruthan you could have bought One Plus One or One Plus 2 over S4.Or an iPhone 6 or 6S.
I bought the phone as soon as it was launched and it was an awesome phone until I updated it to Lollipop. When it was running on KitKat it was an awesome phone but everything turned opposite as soon as I updated it to Lollipop.

Top Bottom