Sony Cybershot Digicam: Hopeless Geek’s Views

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Sony Cybershot Digicam: Hopeless Geek’s Views.

Buddies, As the title is self explanatory , I am a hopeless gadget geek who has almost nil/zero knowledge when it comes to phone upgrades or laptop upgrades or if anyone wants to know about which is the best camera/ mobile in the market then I should be the last one to be asked about it. The limit of my hopelessness can be determined from the fact that till date I do not even know how to tweet or write on face-book. All I can do at best is to write and express my views on a intellectual forum like T.A.I because the interaction platform is really simple and easy. I find writing on face-book complicated somehow so till date have no account there.

Now coming to the story of getting a much needed digi-cam, as told, I really have no idea which are the best cameras around so the question of research did not arise. One day my very close friend Siddarth rings me up and asks me if I know a good camera repair shop in Noida, I suggested him on that and went with him to the shop. Incidentally he too had the Sony Ericsson err..cybershot digi-cam whose lens broke after he accidentally sat on it. Over there I casually asked the owner of shop as to which is a good camera in 12-15K range, he pointed out on 2 of them.

• One was Sony Wx 350 which was 18.2 Mega Pixels, upto 40X Zoom and 3 inch screen. And that came at 15,000.

• Next one was the Nikon 9100 with 12.1 Mega pixels, 3” LCD and 18X Zoom. The price was 13,000/-.

After hearing this, I told the gentleman that I’ll get back to you in February as at present my Credit Card is not in position to accommodate this expense and Dad won’t ever invest in this simply because he knew I’ll go out of control clicking cars all the time. As it is I have bugged him a lot by using his chauffeur for attending launches as my chauffeur has gone for his marriage.

Now, This new Hyundai Verna 4S had to launch today and till yesterday, I was planning, thinking, deciding, judging and at the end wasn’t able to conclude. The grey matter inside me gave up too. In the evening yesterday, I met my maami who stays at 10 mins distance from my place. Intention to meet her was totally different nothing related to camera remotely. After discussing with her on the matter, I just showed her our forum and showed the biography section and some threads including the C-220 Diesel TD by me. I told her that tomorrow new Verna is launching and I am seriously hunting for a digi-cam but not able to buy as I don’t know the right pic. I have only left 2 hours and have to decide before 9pm. She, as always, came to my rescue all of a sudden and gave me the Sony Cybershot digi-cam which she had. I told her that I’ll return it soon to which she said, I really don’t need it since my younger brother’s phones and my maami’s phones are very smart phones. They have 13 MP camera. She said, wake up you bean bag, stop using 2 MP camera now, at-least upgrade to a better one to fully justify your hobby. When it became a matter of living my passion, I did not refuse and took it.

Here are some pics of it from my new phone of LAVA i.e Iris (No Sim-card Yet). The other reliable and stable phone I have is the Nokia C-3. Now don’t jump on me with choicest adjectives please. As it is its clear that I am hopeless gadget geek!

IMG_20150218_211844.jpg

IMG_20150218_211859.jpg

IMG_20150218_211931.jpg

IMG_20150218_211944.jpg

So this Sony Cybershot camera has following features that I could understand with limited knowledge in 1 night.

• 7.2 MP Cam

• 2.4” LCD monitor

• Some ISO with 1250 reading.

• Sony Lens

• 3x Optic Zoom

• Rechargeable Cells whose charger I forgot in hurry at maami’s house.

• Flash is there. I saw it and said "Bas hogaya paisa vasool"

• Movie recording is there.

• Beach and Snow mode of taking picture (God knows what are they meant for!!)

• Photo Delete

• Oh Ya! There is a memory stick also inside it.

• One USB Cable it has that is used for laptops.

After getting home this camera, the first person to inform was Vibhor (you all know him!!). Told him that I have Sony Digicam now with good mega pixle but to understand its features it would take me whole night. So, as unsuccessful as I can be, I am yet to understand the operations of the camera. Will be doing it in a day or two.

So, friends, these are just some normal, non-technical views of a hopeless gadget geek who is hoping against hope that hopefully someday lightening shall strike and the knowledge of gadgets will improve. Also, I shall be asking all of you to guide me in due course about the queries.

A very sincere thanks to my maami for being my savior as always! You all will soon get to interact with her as I got her signed up in our forum.

A big thanks to all of you too for controlling your adjective's vocabulary which you all would have been dying to shoot at me!

Love you all!!

Regards.

Last edited:

Top Bottom