Connecting Laptop To Television Set

Re: Connecting Laptop to Television Set.

Can i use Television Set speakers instead of Inbuilt Laptop Built in Speaker/s when i run application programs on my Laptop ?.

Case : Inbuilt speakers of Laptop are not working.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
yes you can use the tv speakers. take a 3.5mm speaker cable with a male pin on both sides. put one in the laptop headphone jack and the other in the TV audio input jack.

Last edited by a moderator:

[frustration][frustration]Google should give you the answer in micro seconds rather than creating a thread here. Increasing number of threads doesn't add any value.

PS: most of your threads doesn't fetch significant replies (even in other forums), think for the reason before posting another thread.

yes you can use the tv speakers. take a 3.5mm speaker cable with a male pin on both sides. put one in the laptop headphone jack and the other in the TV audio input jack.
you don't need 3.5mm speaker cable while using HDMI cable. HDMI will do the job.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks. I will Check.

Is it also possible to use the Television speakers instead of interface with a Wired Cable between laptop and Television set?.

I.e Using wireless Technology.

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

[frustration][frustration]Google should give you the answer in micro seconds rather than creating a thread here. Increasing number of threads doesn't add any value.

PS: most of your threads doesn't fetch significant replies (even in other forums), think for the reason before posting another thread.

you don't need 3.5mm speaker cable while using HDMI cable. HDMI will do the job.
My system needs a 3.5mm cable eben though the screens are connected via HDMI. it will depend on the type of port the laptop has.

My system needs a 3.5mm cable eben though the screens are connected via HDMI. it will depend on the type of port the laptop has.
I hope there is nothing to do with the HDMI port.
Try setting the HDMI output as default in sound setting (lot of threads run on this topic elsewhere, have a look)

Thread Starter #7

Thanks.

Is it also possible to use the Television speakers instead of interface with a Wired Cable between laptop and Television set for running application programs on laptop ?.

i.e. No physical interface cable between Laptop and Television set.

I.e Using wireless Technology viz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth.

Thanks & regards
Prashant S Akerkar

Thread Starter #8
Thanks.

The laptop operating system viz Microsoft Windows, Linux etc will Detect the Television set using bluetooth wireless Technology for data transfer.

The Television set has integrated bluetooth speakers.

In This Case will the laptop run application programs Using Television speakers replacing HDMI interface cable between laptop and Television set ?

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

Last edited:
Reply to those who say 'you need a separate 3.5mm jack for audio to work'

HDMI - High Definition Media Interface. That is Audio with Video
DVI - Digital Video Interface - Only the Video and not the audio
VGA - Video Graphics Adapter - Analog video without audio.

These are the ports normally available on Graphics card. in Case of laptops, you get either VGA or HDMI.
If you see an HDMI port on your laptop, you can see a separate audio driver installed for your Graphic adapter(see Device Manager).

You can use Windows button + P (Projector) to select the display. Select the speaker option from system tray and select HighDefinition audio as the default (not the default speaker 3.5mm jack). You will be able to listen on TV the moment you do this (If that is not automatically taken).

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Bottom