All About Electronics and Electrical Appliances Recall and Replacement

Thread Starter #1
We are familiar with automobile recall campaigns. It isn't limited to automobiles. Recall campaign is applicable for every single item that we buy.

To start with, I got a mail from HP regarding the global recall and replacement programme for POWER CORD.

HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Programme

You are receiving this notice because HP has announced, in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, a worldwide voluntary AC power cord recall programme. HP records show that you have registered a product that may be affected. The AC power cords have the potential to overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard to consumers.

The affected AC power cords were sold from September 2010 through June 2012 and distributed worldwide with HP and Compaq notebook and mini notebook computers (including mobile thin clients and mobile workstations), as well as with AC adapters provided with accessories such as docking stations.

HP’s primary concern is for your safety. To reduce the likelihood of damage from a power cord failure, stop using your power cord immediately until you have determined whether your power cord is affected.

The AC power cords can be identified by an “LS-15” moulded mark on the adapter end of the cord. Not all of the AC power cords with the “LS-15” mark are affected.

To determine if your AC power cord is affected by this recall, visit the HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Replacement Programme website at https://www.hp.com/support/PowerCordReplacement. If the validation indicates that your power cord is affected, HP will mail a replacement power cord to you at no cost.

Note: The validation process may show that your AC power cord is not affected by this replacement programme. If your power cord is not affected, you may continue use of the power cord in your possession.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Hewlett-Packard Company
PowerCord.jpg

PS: I request fellow members to avoid post anything other than information on recall. If you feel the information shared by others is useful, "Thumbs up" could do the job of thanking rather than a single liner post to thank them.

Last edited:
The only recall i experienced is my old nokia mobile battery recall done by nokia. It was nice experiance. They couriered the new battery in a superb packing with a letter.

In my old yamaha gladiator, i have to 'recall' the dealership and area/regional sales manager many times to replace the many bad quality materials[evil]

Top Bottom