Ambrane P-1000 Portable Charger - Review

Thread Starter #1
Introduction
Since I had bought a iPhone 4S, a portable charger was necessary since the phone's battery gets over quickly and I then needed to run to the wall charger to charge it. Thus, I got a power bank since I don't need to rush to the wall charger. Also, it would be useful for the Mumbai - Pune trips I do frequently. Yes, I have a 12V car charger but all cars don't have a 12V socket at the rear seat so I needed this gadget.

Needs
I needed a portable charger which :-
- Had an accurate display showing how much charge is left in the portable battery
- Minimum 8000mAH battery capacity
- Two USB Charging ports
- Should be durable and of good quality

Budget
I had a budget of Rs 1500 and could stretch it to Rs 2000 if it is really worth it.

Products Shortlisted
- DGB Haflinger Duos PB-13000 Power Bank
- Portronics Powerbox Power Bank
- ERD LP-208 Portable Mobile Charger
- EViO 8800-8800C Power Bank
- Ambrane P-1000 Portable Charger

Why Ambrane P-1000 was chosen
I went for Ambrane since I had gifted dad an Ambrane P-880 portable charger and he was very happy with it. He also had Portronics Powerbox Power bank which was good but I didn't want to spend Rs 1925 for it. EViO looked good but it had capacity of 8800mAH and had a price of Rs 1400 so didn't go for it. DGB and ERD didn't have good reviews on Flipkart so I went for Ambrane.

Thus, bought Ambrane P-1000 from Flipkart.com for Rs 1472 which was in my budget. The delivery experience with Flipkart wasn't that good since they took 4 days to deliver the charger in a metro city like Mumbai.

Positives
- Digital display with accurate battery percentage (doesn't fluctuate when the phone draws higher current)
- Durable and good quality
- Average torch
- Two USB ports

Negatives
- Heavy and not portable to carry
- Packing was not that good

Weird Problem
Whenever I charge the power bank, the 2.1Amp port stops working and only 1 Amp port is functional. This problem happens only when it is charging. However I m ready to bear this problem since I hardly charge two devices at once.

Some Photos
Front View Of Power Bank
Front View of Power Bank.JPG
Rear View Of Power Bank
Rear View of Power Bank.JPG
Torch
Torch.JPG
Power ON Button
Power On button.JPG
USB Ports
USB Ports.JPG
Front of Packing
Front of Packing.JPG
Rear View Of Packing
Rear View of Packing.JPG
Cables supplied with the product
Cables.JPG
User Guide
User Guide.JPG

Sorry to say.I didnt find this a worthful buy even though i paid less than 1400 for the same
Have this for past 5 months.
One of the ports ( 2 A ) one stopped working in 3 months.
Also the torch light is erratic and has a tendency to switch on itself thus draining the whole battery
I intend to contact the company claiming warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
You could have bought the Xiaomi one instead. Costs just 1K and much much better than this of course.

Thread Starter #4
Sorry to say.I didnt find this a worthful buy even though i paid less than 1400 for the same
Have this for past 5 months.
One of the ports ( 2 A ) one stopped working in 3 months.
Also the torch light is erratic and has a tendency to switch on itself thus draining the whole battery
I intend to contact the company claiming warranty
Looks like you have got a defective piece since I don't have any of these problems. However, I will update you if I have any of these problems. I had gifted my dad a Ambrane P-880 in June and it is working flawlessly without any problems.

Heard it's awesome. It's a Xiaomi product, go for it. But I'd suggest you to wait for sometime and get the bigger one as the difference is only 200rs.
Be careful if you're buying from any other e store.

Thread Starter #7
Have a weird thing with my Ambrane charger. When I use BB Playbook 2 Amp output charger to charge the battery pack, it charges only upto 92 percent and then the battery pack shuts itself off. But when I connect the micro USB cable that came with the power bank to a 1 Amp USB adapter, then it charges fully upto 100 percent. Any reasons why does this happen?

Have a weird thing with my Ambrane charger. When I use BB Playbook 2 Amp output charger to charge the battery pack, it charges only upto 92 percent and then the battery pack shuts itself off. But when I connect the micro USB cable that came with the power bank to a 1 Amp USB adapter, then it charges fully upto 100 percent. Any reasons why does this happen?
You should never even consider buying products like Ambrane. Especially a power bank, it may have only about 60% of the capacity mentioned.

You may need to do battery re-calibration of the power bank - for doing so completely discharge the battery of the power bank by charging your device until no charge left - then charge the power bank 100% using AC adopter - see if it improves and solve the problem.

You may need to repeat this procedure for 2/3 times..if the problem persists then it may be a defective product.

Thread Starter #10
You should never even consider buying products like Ambrane. Especially a power bank, it may have only about 60% of the capacity mentioned.
You may need to do battery re-calibration of the power bank - for doing so completely discharge the battery of the power bank by charging your device until no charge left - then charge the power bank 100% using AC adopter - see if it improves and solve the problem.

You may need to repeat this procedure for 2/3 times..if the problem persists then it may be a defective product.
Edios I am happy with the product. Any power bank you buy won't give you full capacity because a lithium battery gives 3.7V while the output of the power bank is 5V. And, I can charge my iPhone 4S 6 times so 1420 x 6 = 8520mAH capacity is pretty good for the price. Check the review of the same power bank rebranded into some other brand. - Amazon.com: OXA Juice Box S2 10000mAh Safe External Battery 18M WTY Premium Samsung Cells Digital Screen&Flashlight All-in-One charger external portable power supply for Apple iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, N

Arijit thanks for the help but I have solved my problem by charging it with 1 Amp charger and then it shows 100 percent. I was charging earlier with 2 Amp charger so thats why there wasn't accurate reading.

bhvm

Honoured Member
you brought it too cheap Man. I brought the same for 2400.something.

I don't have any issues like you and it performs admirably.

you brought it too cheap Man. I brought the same for 2400.something.

I don't have any issues like you and it performs admirably.
how long have you used it so far.By the way I got the same for 1350/- about 7 months back

bhvm

Honoured Member
how long have you used it so far.By the way I got the same for 1350/- about 7 months back
about a year ago. my use is very light. zero problems though.

man! it's designed to use only one port at a time. and DO NOT connect anything when it's charging up. 2a port is for tablets. 1a for phones.

Last edited:

Top Bottom