Camera For Personal Video Recording?

Thread Starter #1
Okay, so the time comes! We need a camera. Nothing too fancy, I need a simple camera.

Needs:

Has to have video recording

Good low-light recording and capturing (Must-have)

Preferred: Flash ON while recording

Extendable memory

Simple to use (for my father, lol!)
Budget - Up to 13,000 can be extended to 15k for a good deal.

I searched the types of cameras, Compact, Bridge, CSC, and DSLR. Now, I liked CSC at the moment, but it needs to be simple. So, down to Bridge cams.

Sorry if I missed something, please let me know if you need something more.
What do I want it for, you ask? The best cameraphone in the house (mine, I'm feeling so flattered![embarass]) Lumia 520 is getting unreliable, and the less said about memory space, the better. Also, most of the times it is needed it has low battery charge. So, the need for a cam comes. To record all the irrelevant crap, and some good things, like a play by my mother (after which, father was beaten to this wish[lol]) in low light.
Please help.
Thanks!

I'm using Nikon P500 for past 3 years and pretty satisfied with Full HD video recording. Only issue being AF motor noise is clearly audible in videos.
It doesn't come with 'Flash ON' feature while recording

PS: It also features QVGA HS recording (slow motion)

Okay, so the time comes! We need a camera. Nothing too fancy, I need a simple camera.

Needs:

Has to have video recording.
Now, you first determine you want device for still shots or video recording.

Because still camera are best at still photo shooting, but even costlier camera can do video shooting but very worse quality as compared to even basic camcorder.

Camcorder are best at video shooting, but best camcorders are worst for still photos even compared to basic still cameras.

To do both, it is better to have dedicated basic still camera & basic camcorder rather than have single costly camera or camcorder to do both.

To have one device to do all is favored by most (extreme example is mobile phone having capability of still shoots as well as videography, but is worse than basic low cost still camera or camcorder).

Thread Starter #4
Nobody helped me when I needed [cry]! Thanks though. I got a Sony Cybershot DSC-WX80. I should have known that the cam my father likes (or rather that the salesperson makes him like) is going to be bought. It's good, though I was hoping for around 20 MP, I got a 16.1 MP guy. Works, only hitch is it's LCD screen is not as crisp as it's lens. Another one: The ex-best cam-phone is a Windows phone and the Playmemories app is not for that platform. No Android or iPhones in the house.[frustration] Thanks, mods please close this thread.

I'd say the Nikon D5300, I use the D5200 and it's great. I love it a lot. It gets amazing photos. But do a lot of researching to make sure you get the best camera for you

Top Bottom