Help Buying a New Laptop Under 50K

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys.
I need help regarding purchasing a new laptop and a HD dash camera which could be used in car as well as bike for recording.
I tried finding a previous thread but couldnt,if one already exists please merge my thread.
I would like to purchase them from abroad and bring them back with me ,hence need to decide in next one week.
Any websites or other recommended sources for purchase are appreciated.

Requirements:
Laptop:

Main purpose gaming + movies + office applications.
I would want to use the laptop for playing Flight sim games and a little COD and all.
Should not make crazy loud sounds and should be light weight. [My current laptop weights like 15kg][lol]
Battery backup should be 2.5-3hrs [It will be plugged to power for most of the time]
Ram:6GB preferred
OS: dont know as dont like anything except XP and linux. [Anything is good as long as my games and applications play.]
HDD: combination of SSD+HD. 1 TB of total space ideal.
Graphics card: Have no Idea.
Processor: AMD preffered but if intel fits the budget no probs.[Would need more cores for flight sim games than graphics]
Brands: Open to all.
Budget: 40-50k INR or less than $950.

Regards
Midknight

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Help buying new laptop and dash cam.

Battery backup should be 2.5-3hrs [It will be plugged to power for most of the time]
OT - An advise for all. Please let your laptop battery to drain less than 10% and then recharge. It would ensure higher battery life of same.

OT - An advise for all. Please let your laptop battery to drain less than 10% and then recharge. It would ensure higher battery life of same.
As someone who did studies concerning this, I'd say this is very important although I'd recommend 20%.

If you will not use the battery for a long time, discharge it to around 60%, remove the battery and use the computer on AC. Store the battery in a cool place (some people use the refrigerator even)

Never drop the battery and avoid keeping it (along with the laptop) in hot cars etc as this damages it and reduces its capacity.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

This should be done a few times, not always. Charging from 10% to 100% will put more strain on the battery so one should charge the battery as soon as it reaches 50 or say minimum 30%. Same applies for cell phones.

This should be done a few times, not always. Charging from 10% to 100% will put more strain on the battery so one should charge the battery as soon as it reaches 50 or say minimum 30%. Same applies for cell phones.
There is no need to completely drain the battery sometimes to a low level on Lithium ION batteries which are used in most devices these days. With Nickel Cadmium batteries it is needed. ( See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_effect )

For Lithium ION batteries it is best to do the minimum amount of charges. So it is bad to partially charge it say from 0 to 10 then use it a bit then charge it to 20 etc.

Thread Starter #6
I always felt 0-100 or so uses one lifecycle of battery charge. Atleast thats what was mentioned in the manual of Apple ipod [Along with number of life cycle of battery] if I remember correctly.
So I never bother switching off the supply but I do start laptop on its battery so that it does not forget its core function.[;)]
Current laptop is on its 2nd battery which is kaput as well. [Its a year 2003 laptop][lol]

Anyone with any experience with MSI laptops??

Last edited:
They're good I heard. Light, well specced, looks good. Don't know about its reliability.
You can check out Lenovo y410p/510p also. One of the most bang for the buck laptops available. Only con is that it weighs almost 3KG.

Thread Starter #8
They're good I heard. Light, well specced, looks good. Don't know about its reliability.
You can check out Lenovo y410p/510p also. One of the most bang for the buck laptops available. Only con is that it weighs almost 3KG.
Hmm a friend also suggested me to check y510 but that laptop seems to cost around $1000-$1200 with all bells and whistle.

May I know what type of gaming you do? I mean you want to play the upcoming games or just a little COD? Do you really enjoy gaming? Then better save up and get the Lenovo. You won't regret later.

Thread Starter #10
May I know what type of gaming you do? I mean you want to play the upcoming games or just a little COD? Do you really enjoy gaming? Then better save up and get the Lenovo. You won't regret later.
Sorry Internet acting up again.
Well I would like to play Flight simX and X-plane mostly. [COD,far cry n other would be just for fun]
For those future games I would make a gaming rig after saving enough, in future that is. :biggrin:

Top Bottom