Modems Comptabile with MTNL Wifi

Thread Starter #1
Guys
I have MTNL phone + wifi connection on ground floor combo offer

I am not shifting alone to first floor and wanted to have wifi with same mtnl connection on 1st floor, at ground floor my parents will use

But, when i tried using an modem which was working with AIrtel wifi, the internet did not work in first floor.
Do we have some specfic modems which will work for mtnl wifi [confused]

But, when i tried using an modem which was working with AIrtel wifi, the internet did not work in first floor.
Do we have some specfic modems which will work for mtnl wifi [confused]
No. Unless it is very old which had embedded kind of ports

Change the port number (VPI VCI) to 0-35 instead of 1 & 32 of airtel. Put the username/password. No changes needed other than this.

It didn't work most probably because you didn't configure the router for MTNL. Reset the router and do a fresh install.
For my Linksys EA3500, the setup does everything automatically. Connect the router to the modem and done.

how to change the port no?
You are not providing any info about the modem/router model number. I am confused whether you are talking about modem or router. I guess you are talking about modem.
192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 are default modem page (you have to type those in the address bar with the username/password to get the setup menu). Google with your modem model number for the default username/password Admin & password or admin & admin or admin & 1234 etc are common username/password combinations

also how to reset?
Connect the power, turn side/down the device to see a mark with reset switch. Press it with a pen/pencil and you will see the lights getting restarted.

If both modem & router are of same ip 192.168.1.1, it would be impossible to use the setup without changing the ip. Connect one device at a time to your computer with a network cable & change the ip accordingly.

Top Bottom