OPPO Find 7a Review - My Daily Driver

Thread Starter #1
Well to be honest there was absolutely no need to change my nexus 5 which I bought couple of months back , it was a no nonsense phone , fast , smooth and had a excellent camera ( specially in low and tricky light situations ) . But in came the OPPO Find 7a , so what is so great and not so great about the OPPO ?

Well I admire OPPO as a company for their style , desgin , and attention to detail they put in making their products from box to the end product . Plus I have seen their high quality blue ray players in USA too which are expensive but reek quality in all sense .

Once they entered the mobile phone market , I was keenly observing all news around them , they were the first company to bring the full HD display screen in the market with their phone find 5 , I played with that phone in Thailand, the phone received very good reviews all around the web world .

Once they announced their 2014 flagship the Oppo find 7 and find 7a , I just loved the desgin , specs , camera and all around the globe the reviews were extremely positive .
After reading the oppo forums and after I saw real life camera samples from the phone I decided I will be buying the phone .

They day they launched the phone in India , none of the dealers had any stock , the moment stocks arrived , the area manager of oppo himself called me and offered the astro black oppo find 7 a to play around with . After checking the camera in person I decided iam going for it , and bought it next day in the same astro black color ( carbon fiber casing ) .

Desgin and build quality

The find 7a is true to oppo's reputation of building sturdy , high quality and sharp and sleek looking devices . The entire phone is soildly build with titanium aluminum casing for the body , with a replaceable back Cover. And in the front gorilla glass 3 . The phone inspite of having 5.5 inch screen is nice to hold since it has extremely thin side bezels . Overall like all oppo phones the the find 7a is a soildly build phone .

Camera

The oppo find 7a has a superb 13 mp camera with sonys latest lens plus a nice 2.0 aperture . The pictures coming from the camera are sharp , colorful and extremely vivid , the low light shots too are nice , although not as great as the nexus 5 , which IMHO along with the lg2 in android world is king of low light photography .

The camera can shoot slow motion videos plus can shoot videos in 4k resolution .

Here is a video review of oppo find 7a shot in 4k resolution by oppo find 7a camera , so you can get a idea what kind of videos the phone can shoot .

Oppo Find 7a Review (Entirely shot in 4K with the Oppo Find 7a) - YouTube

Below is the link where you can see the pics clicked from oppo find 7a by me in full high resolution .

The World Through the Camera of Find 7 | Page 19 | OPPO Forums

Post number - 376 , 385 , 387, 388,391 , 398 all pics in these posts are posted by me are in high resolution .

Software -

for some it can be a bummer since the phone comes with jelly bean on board with a kit kat update promised . I was using kit kat the stock version on my nexus 5 and in all honesty dint find any huge differnce in both during my daily operations .
Plus cynogenmod has already come out with their offical support for the find 7a with kit kat 4.4.4 so it's not a big deal that the phone does not ship with kit kat .

The great thing about oppo is they provide rooting guide right on their website , and the oppo forums is a huge community , which help and guide users in anything and everything related to the phone .

Specs

The phone comes with the latest snapdragon 801 processor with 2gb of ram , 16gb on board storage expendable, upto 128gb . In short it has specs of all the current flagships like the samsung s5 , lg g3 and htc m8 . Plus a extremely beautiful and crisp 5.5 inch full HD screen .
It comes enchanced with waves music , plus in box you get high quality Dirac head phones .

You can read the entire spec sheet here ->

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/OPPO-Find-7a_id8590

Software gimmicks

The phone comes with oppo's own coustom skin called " color OS " which has some useful features and some un wanted stuff .

Sky gestures , air gestures , hand written gestures , guest mode , holiday mode , gesture panel , and seriously huge list of features which iam yet to explore . Will update once i use them or figure them out .

But the best of all is notification light and alert , oppo calls it skyline notifications it's a blue led light which glows in the bottom edge to edge whenever you have a notification coming .

The killer feature of the phone is rapid charging , the oppo find 7a comes with a charger called VOOC ...which charges the battery from 0-100'in just 40-45 mins max . It's extremely fast .

I will be updating the rest of sections tomorrow , as iam running short of time now . Incase you have any questions to ask in the mean time feel free to ask , will answer them as best I can .

Here are some pics of the phone

Attachments

Last edited:
great phone , very sleek and stylish. specs are at par with the best.
hope you keep this phone for some time now :tongue:

Top Bottom