Buying a New Laptop Under Rs.40,000 Budget

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I'm looking for a new laptop in the range of Rs.30,000 – Rs.40,000 with the following requirements:

> OS: Windows 8.1

> RAM: Minimum 4 GB

> Processor: Core i5 (4th Gen)

> Storage: Minimum 500 GB HDD

> Battery Backup: Minimum 4 Hours

> Screen Size: 15" (Preferably more than 1366 x 768 resolution)

> Ergonomics: Sleek, lightweight, well-spaced keys, separate number pad

> Brands Considered: Lenovo, HP, Dell, Acer, Sony. I'm open to other reliable brands too.

Not sure if I can get that 'ideal' laptop with all features within the budget but nevertheless, suggestions are welcome. Now a couple of questions:

> Are there any upcoming models in this range in next few months?

> HP Pavilion 15-n203TX seems to be quite suitable. What do you all think about it?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Last edited:
You can't use the Dell as a laptop. You have to use it as Desktop [evil]. It generates lots of heat. My personal use is Dell.

I also use lenovo business laptop. I find it good.

I am using a dell vostro from past 4 years and I give 100% for the reliability which is rugged without a single issue and never faced any kind of heating issues. I suggest a dell model suitable to your budget

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
I'm inclined towards HP Pavilion 15-n203TX. There are no reviews of this model on internet. How old is it? Can some HP users comment about their experiences?

Drive Safe,
350Z

You can consider ASUS brand also
am using it since may 2012, even my kid used to play with it, its tough built for rough use and with good battery backup, wont generate much heat

configuration
Model X53SC 2nd Gen i5 / 4 GB Ram / 750 GB HDD / 1 GB Graphics / "15 Inch screen
costs me Rs 35640 baught from flipkart

Last edited:
I have HP laptop since 2008, apart from cpu fan issue, there was no issue with the laptop.

But HP laptops have very bad heating problem, you cannot keep laptop on your lap after some time because of heating issue. But mine is 2008 model, currently at office I am using HP envy m6 and it is not having any heating issues.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I'd personally. Won't buy hp. Me and me friend bought laptops at the samr time and he keeps on having some issues.

Buy dell inspiron 15r or a lenovo. Both will cost you around 40k.

If you need a laptop which can stand all kind of abuse, you should go for a Lenovo S510 or G500. Robust, long battery life, i5 processor (4th gen in s510).

The other laptop which I would have gone for, if in your place would be Asus X550.

I am using a dell vostro from past 4 years and I give 100% for the reliability which is rugged without a single issue and never faced any kind of heating issues. I suggest a dell model suitable to your budget
I'd personally. Won't buy hp. Me and me friend bought laptops at the samr time and he keeps on having some issues.

Buy dell inspiron 15r or a lenovo. Both will cost you around 40k.
I'm using Dell Inspiron 15R for last 4 years. No problems faced. Replaced 6 cell battery with 9cell battery after 2years. Because the backup time reduced to 15mins. 9 cell battery gives around 3 hrs continuous working.

But again it generates a heat. You can't use more than 30 mins on your lap.

Hii Brother,

I am using Lenovo's G500s, I am completely satisfied with performance of this laptop and i got this in 47,000 but now the price of the same will 41,500 approx.

Have a look at the link, it is having almost everything that what you want except genuine windows

Lenovo Essential G500s (59-388254) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs.44900 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential G500s (59-388254) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I'm using Dell Inspiron 15R for last 4 years. No problems faced. Replaced 6 cell battery with 9cell battery after 2years. Because the backup time reduced to 15mins. 9 cell battery gives around 3 hrs continuous working.

But again it generates a heat. You can't use more than 30 mins on your lap.
[lol]since it is LAPTOP, it is not advised to use on the lap always !! buddy. Laptops emit radiation so it is better to put they on a table and use
I too use inspiron 15r. And battery depends on the screen brightness as well. I generally keep the brightness at 20-30% since it seems sufficient for me. At night with zero % backlight i easily get 4 hours of battery backup.

I place a pillow on my lap then my laptop. If one directly uses it on lap it can cause burns over the long time and not to laugh but it will affect your manly parts.

@ gurrula - i don't think they emit any harmful radiation :/ if it did it won't matter if you use it on your lap or on your table.

Last edited:
I too use inspiron 15r. And battery depends on the screen brightness as well. I generally keep the brightness at 20-30% since it seems sufficient for me. At night with zero % backlight i easily get 4 hours of battery backup.

I place a pillow on my lap then my laptop. If one directly uses it on lap it can cause burns over the long time and not to laugh but it will affect your manly parts.

@ gurrula - i don't think they emit any harmful radiation :/ if it did it won't matter if you use it on your lap or on your table.
Pls Don't use pillows below your laptop because it will block the air passage from the cooling fans. (Cooling fans are mounted at bottom of laptop) Don't keep your laptop on soft & pumpy surface, again it will block the passage of air. Always use hard suface other wise laptop cooling pad if required.

You can use it on lap for shorter duration. It will not be suitable a person like me, I use to work for long hours on my laptop. (Min 2 hours at a stretch.)

I think you need to use cooling pad instead of using pillows as gandhi said pillow will block the air passage from cooling fans and yes Cooling pad will also extend the life of laptop. I am using cooler master's notepal L1 which i bought 8 months back and its running smoothly till, kindly find below a link for the complete specs and its also have good reviews.

Cooler Master Notepal L1 Cooling Pad - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com

Last edited:

Top Bottom