My New Phone: Blackberry Z10 Review

Thread Starter #1
It may sound crazy that in today's time I bought a blackberry z10 phone when most of the world is busy in buying iOS , android and now even windows phone .

Well exactly 3 years ago some guys called me crazy for buying a windows phone too , yet I went ahead and bought one and enjoyed the windows phone experience first with my htc trophy , then lumia 800 and the lumia 720 .

I have been following the blackberry 10 OS development which is one year old very closely since it was launched last year on the 30th of January .

In that one year blackberry issued 3 major updates and every update brought some cool features to the operating system . Something which you find on other platforms and something which are truly unique only to blackberry 10 OS .

The blackberry 10 OS is essentially a classy and elegant blend of android and windows phone . Secured , highly efficient , fluid and extremely fast .

There are many videos and reviews on the net explaining some amazing features of the OS .

Best part with the latest 10.2.1 update is the ability to run android apps on the phone , it's not some nerdy way , it is extremely simple way . In matter of 2 mins you can have the entire amazon store , one mobile store and snap a app which can install all the apps you see in the android world .

Beside that the blackberry world has all the important apps one uses on daily basis , or atleast which I use on daily basis which are

1) Facebook
2) Skype
3)whatsapp
4) viber
5) currency changer
6) flipboard
7) times of India
8) ndtv
9) b s.e
10) photo editors .

Etc etc etc .

Iam not a gamer , but there are many games available too . And incase if I need some specific app I can just download any from the android market too [clap].

The best part is the tight integration of social networking sites , email , bbm , what's app , Skype in one place called the blackberry hub . Unique features like active previews , flow , and surprisingly a very good camera too . ( will be posting the pics taken from the camera which are unedited )
Extremely blazing fast browser , top class build quality , beautiful sharp full HD screen.

Overall the phone offers a very unique experience , you can navigate the entire OS just with one thumb .

This phone will by daily driver now till Microsoft launches the windows 8.1 update . And by that time blackberry will be bringing 10.3 update and incase it is more fun I may continue with blackberry or windows phone or may try Ubuntu also .

So far extremely happy with the purchase and it's fun using and learning the all new blackberry 10 experience .

Attaching pics of the phone and pics taken from the 8mega pixel camera of the phone .

Ps- iam not good in doing reviews , incase you have any questions to ask kindly feel free I will answer them to best of my ability .

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: My new phone Blackberry Z10 review .

sample pics from blackberry Z10 8mp camera all are unedited

mods -all images were not getting attached so attaching them in a new post .

imp the z10 pics are taken by lumia 925 and rest all pics are taken by z10. so one can compare the image quality of both .[;)]

or incase someone wants i can do a shoot out between both .

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
some more
note- the size of every picture is reduced so that it can be uploaded here , so the resolution has become less .

Attachments

Last edited:
congrats on your new buy :)

the pictures have come amazing. I was eyeing BB too but somehow data does not work with cdma else this or z30 would have been my new baby instead of HTC one.

Hope BB launch some dual CDMA models in near future and they definitely will gain ground. The OS is butter smooth, the key board is better than stock android and ios and you get to enjoy all the apps of android as well which is such a big boon.

Had BB initially priced this handset well, they would have done wonders in India.

Thread Starter #5
congrats on your new buy :)

the pictures have come amazing. I was eyeing BB too but somehow data does not work with cdma else this or z30 would have been my new baby instead of HTC one.

Hope BB launch some dual CDMA models in near future and they definitely will gain ground. The OS is butter smooth, the key board is better than stock android and ios and you get to enjoy all the apps of android as well which is such a big boon.

Had BB initially priced this handset well, they would have done wonders in India.
Thanx nitin .

The pricing is very high even now at croma, ezone , reliance digital it is 30,000inr . I was lucky to get this in Dubai as blackberry was running a limited time promotional offer , and Luckily I was in Dubai last week .
I too was very tempted to get the z30 but thought let me experience the OS first .

Why are you stunned gurralla ? [confused]
perhaps he thought you were by now a WP fanboi [;)]
Hahaha, you are completely wrong SB, I never treat anybody as fanboi of anything including me. Whatever we feel best at that time we buy either it is from any manufacturer[:)]

I was stunned because, this phone was never in my thoughts that Raja will buy.

@Raja congrats for your new phone, the pics are excellent, but price seems bit high to me.

Thread Starter #10
@Raja congrats for your new phone, the pics are excellent, but price seems bit high to me.
As I mentioned the price is high in India and I dint buy the phone in India but in Dubai . And blacberry u.a.e was having a promotional offer going on the phone , I found it worth and I picked it .

Plus the kind of features the phone offers I feel the price worth .( it's my personal opinion though )

Congratulations Raja!!!
I also bought a new phone but that's iPhone 5 S (Gold). Three years back i bought a blackberry but somehow didn't like it much. Hoping Z10 is a great phone.

^^At what is the price difference between Dubai and India ??
read the first post.

it was launched at the price of 44k.

due to slow sales , price came down to 30k on shops like croma, reliance digital etc.

available on ebay.in with seller warranty for about 20k+

he bought it from dubai for under 18k.

read the first post.

it was launched at the price of 44k.

due to slow sales , price came down to 30k on shops like croma, reliance digital etc.

available on ebay.in with seller warranty for about 20k+

he bought it from dubai for under 18k.
I read the first post many times, failed to find the above information[confused]

Please allow the thread owner to reply to my question

Last edited:
Congrats on BB Z10 Raja bro.My friend had used BB Z10 in same colour bought from Dubai 6 months ago and exchanged with iPhone 5.Now,he again sold his iPhone 5 due to issues after iOS 7 update and replaced with iPhone 5S recently.One more friend also used Z10 and later replaced to 5S.I used his phone and I didn't like it much.

Mukesh,congrats for buying 5S in gold colour and welcome to iPhone 5S club.I too use one in Space grey colour.

Top Bottom