Issues With WiFi Connection

Thread Starter #1
Friends

I am having a issue with my laptop wifi connection recently. We have a cable internet in our office where it is connected to a router. I use it through wifi connection from my laptop. Recently I am experiencing the frequent disconnection of wifi on its own. Again I am trying to click the net icon on my laptop and getting connected. I do not understand why it is getting disconnected on its own and getting connected on its own after sometime.

Can tech gurus suggest me a solution to this as I unable to understand why it behaves so

I have attached two pics here in one it shows when it is connected(show with red arrow on right bottom) other is disconnected.

Attachments

Last edited:
Delete the wifi savings on your laptop and search again for your office wifi router, and make a new connection with the given password.It happened with my office as well and this thing worked for me, technically other members shall be helpful.

Thread Starter #3
^^Thank you vijay for quick response, how should I delete the wifi savings on my laptop. It is really annoying, when I am typing this message it went to disconnected mode twice, I need to again reconnect it

From the Control Panel open the Network and Sharing Center, you can find Change Adaptor Settings for Wireless. From there you can see your connection and delete it. To add it in the Tray Icon, you can see the WiFi signal just click on it you can see your Wifi signal name. Just click on it it wil ask for Password if its locked and then save it.

in your congrol panel, go to the network and sharing, go to your wifi settings and delete the saved memory, also clear your default wifi connection.
Make a new search of wifi connections available, select your office router, connect it with the password applicable and make it your default wifi connection.

I hope you have fixed the issue. It happens more often when you have more wifi connections configured and it is not put on 'connect automatically'.
connect.png

Once you remove it from accounts (Simple way to do is, open network & sharing center by clicking wireless connection-you can see in the above image, and left side -> Manage wireless network) & remove network , connect again.

I forcefully disable 'connect automatically' at times as I try connecting different network in office for testing.

(The above one is not my network, tried connecting to someone else network for demo ;) )

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
hmm, I did all that you have mentioned friends, but it gets on and off and really irritating to me[frustration]

My friend had been facing the similar problem and this solution from Microsoft's website fixed the issue:

a. Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
b. Search for Network Adapter and expand it.
c. Right click on the network driver and select Properties.
d. Select the Power management tab and uncheck the box which says allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
e. Click on Ok.

Give a try to this solution and see if it work for you as well.

Thread Starter #9
^^windows key+X takes to mobility center[confused]

I have opened the device manager and seen the network adaptor settings and the power management box is already in unchecked state

I faced a similar issue with my Lenovo U510 which is known to have this minor bug (source: web). I initially tried the setting refreshment which obviously didn't help. So finally I uninstalled the wifi driver and reinstalled it, voila, problem rectified. So Please try the driver reinstall action as it might help you.

Thread Starter #11
[cry]oh my bad, I have uninstalled the drivers, so how do I get connected to net to re install

Hmm, managed to connect back with a wire from router, now tell me how to reinstall the drivers ??

Last edited:
You don't have the driver setup files on your hard drive? If not, connect to. Wired LAN which I suppose you have and go to the web page of your laptop make and in that you will have the list of drivers for your particular model under some technical support stuff.

What's your laptop make and model? I guess you can google search which driver is the one for your model. Moreover, the official web page must be having a single driver for your laptop (model,os).

Thread Starter #15
^^Some how I got the driver installed and connected with wifi now, let us see it stays are go back to disconnect problem. Thanks Akash for the suggestion

Top Bottom