Suggest Me a Portable Audio Player For Rs.5K

Thread Starter #1
Guys,I want to purchase a portable audio player .
Requirements -compact
Good brand and ASS
Budget-5k INR.
Good SQ,especially BASS.
Sound intensity should be enough to entertain a room of 300sq ft.

Please suggest.

Re: suggest me a portable audio player@5k Rs.

There are not enough boomboxes in budget which gives good bass and decent sound quality. Alternatively , you can look at portable wireless speakers which you can connect via bluetooth and use . I am using JBL Flip which gives decent quality and pretty loud sound (can cover 300sqft easily) but lacks bass . Another option is Logitech Mini Boombox. You can look at non branded stuffs online which is available in plenty.

If you are a guy who rips music, I would suggest a combination of transcend mp3/FLAC player and a creative 2.1 system. This should give you a very good sound effect, including deep bass. We use such combinations so we have music in all our rooms, including the kitchen... for my wife. Flac format gives you the best audio quality.

BTW, we had a Sony boombox, (around 7500rs), that played USB, but navigating and resume play became a issue. We have now given it to my MIL for playing audio CD.

I would suggest visit to Intex Corner (Showroom of Intex) and you will have plenty of alternative to choose from within budget. Creative and Altex Lansing (costly but much better sound quality) are other brands you can consider for such needs

Thread Starter #6

Thanks a lot for the response.
@HR, which brand? How much is the cost.?
@KR, how much the logitech boom box would cost?

Fd, I was thinking something like this.
Philips AZ5740 Portable Player
though, I am doubtful about bass of this model
I need something which can be used in my absence.
Looks OKish and yes your doubt regarding bass quality is correct, it's very mediocre in most of such budget "boomboxes".

You can also have a look at iBall Tarang 5.1 speakers. They have provision to play off directly from USB and have FM too. Also, it has a remote control. My BIL has the same and I must say the sound O/P is totally awesome for it's price.

iball 5.1 Home Theatre Speaker (Booster) USB

Top Bottom