Once upon a time there was a phone!

Thread Starter #1
Guys, as some of you are already aware that i was looking for a new smart phone.

My trip to dubai gave me a chance to get me a new phone for myself. i was really confused on whether to go for the vivaz or X10 or omnia.

i really dint want a nokia again or a HTC or blackberry.

from the moment, i saw the pics & reviews of the X10, i knew that this was it! my heart was set on it! i just prayed that it gets launched soon and at a affordable price. my budget was around 25-30k.

after reading lots of reviews about the X10, the main disadvantages i noticed were not of much concern to me. but frankly, i am a guy who thinks shelling out more than 25k on a phone is waste!

when i enquired about the phone in dubai, they said it costs 2999 dhirams, thats close to 40k INR. i was but obviously shocked. i decided to buy the vivaz which costs 28k INR. but when i went to the dealer, my eyes just refused to move off the X10. i badly wanted one in white!!!

and without thinking much, i just went for it. and guess, i am loving every bit of it!!!

features of the X10 can be seen here-
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mobile Phone | Social web & media phone

what i like about the phone-
* its got a huge 4 inch display with awesome video clarity
* timescape is a wonderful feature which shows all my activities (pics, messages, facebook, google, etc) in one page. i can even select a friend and it will show all my interactions with that person (call log, messages, facebook, pics of that friend on my phone, etc) in one go.
* when i click a pic of a person & if that person is already in my phonebook & has a pic of himself in the contact list, the phone automatically recognizes it is his pic & saves it by his name's tag & it will be added to timescape! wonderful feature & it actually works.
* the UI is wonderful & just how i wanted.

things i dont like-
* the cable for the charger & USB port is same. so i cannot charge my phone & connect it to my comp simultaneously.
* the camera is 8MP & good quality, but it needs a very very steady hand, else the image blurs.

thats all i can think of right now!

ah, finally u bought a phone!!
co-incidentally, my iphone that i am using now is also from Dubai!
coming back to your phone, the specs are really amazing and i can recommend it someone now. Btw, u bought it for 40K INR after conversion?? over here, X10 sells for 27,560 baht which is around 32-33K INR!

350Z

Core Team
Haha, The guy who thought shelling 25K + for a phone is a waste ended up buying a Rs.40 K Phone, No offense meant. It is a wonderful phone and there are no questions ahead when you are enjoying it and wanted one by heart, Many Congratulations! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Congrats Raj , and i knew you will buy only the X10 after you said you are ready to adjust with its shortcomings in another thread![;)]

I liked the third feature which you have mentioned your phone has , its really cool!

And camera even my Cybershot digicam suffers from the same , we have to be absolutely still when clicking it!

Enjoy your new phone!

And whats with the strange title for this thread?? I thought you were going to speak about some Nokia 1100 after seeing the title!![lol]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
@ vibhor: LOL, thats what happens when greed overcomes your need.

@ ilango: thanks buddy.

@ cooldhaya: thanks buddy. i spoke to aditya & he has advised me a few tips to avoid the blurring of the image, let me try them.

"once upon a time there was a phone" means i bought a phone which i dint really need but i wanted. i dont get too fascinated by every phone but when i saw the X10, i was really amazed.

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
well, actually i am not a sony fan yet! i am an X10 fan till now. nokia is still far more user friendly.

the reason i bought a sony was because i realized sony offers far better features & is much more advanced than nokia phones.

Cell phone fasinates , I completely agree raj , till now from my college days i have wasted around 55000 just for these- dad's hard earned money [8 to 9 cell phones[ .

Finally have settled on the videocon! - presently happy as hold lots of contact , No time for me to play or hear music! so for now i am happy . I could have got a very good sound system for that amount!

Thread Starter #12
things i dont like-
* the cable for the charger & USB port is same. so i cannot charge my phone & connect it to my comp simultaneously.
* the camera is 8MP & good quality, but it needs a very very steady hand, else the image blurs.
Correction:

* when the phone is connected to the comp via the USB cable, its gets charged simultaneously.
* aditya came to meet me yesterday & he told me to switch off 'image stabilization'. so now the image is not blurring.

so now what i dont like is-
- even though they have given a 8MP camera, the pics dont seem that good but yes, the video clarity is excellent.

Extra info-
accessories supplied with the phone-
1) leather cover
2) vacuum type earphone
3) normal 'bass reflex' ear phone
4) bluetooth connector to earphone
5) wired connector to earphone

Top Bottom