Buying a Headset - Please Help!: Purchased Jabra HALO

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to buy a new hedset and just like any one else, i am in deep confusion. I am confused over 3 mojor points. They are.

1. Wired or BlueTooth ?
  2. Headset or Headphone ?
  3. Which is the cheap and best (cost factor) ?
I have an E51 and I use it as my MP3 device. Currently i am using Nokia headphone (ear bud type) which was included in the E51 box. This works in good condition and I thought of buying a new headset/headphone as an upgrade to this one. The other major reason is I want to get ride of the wire. However, when I look at the bluetooth stero headset, I am really putting a second thought on this. I would like to take the incoming calls with out taking the headphones off. that is why I am preferring a headset.

I was looking at various products and come up with 3 brands - Jabra, JayBird and Sennheiser. do you guys have any experience in this area? I am totally from the scratch [cry]

Last edited:
I have 0 idea in this field.

I just helped my friend to get a ikon in 2nd hand. After a week when the ash tray was opened i found a earphone of ipod or iphone . it was white.

Connected to nokia system of my friend and man the sound was clear and good.

if you are looking for earphones, i would suggest go for aftermarket ones from panasonic. they are pretty good in the budget range. go for ones costing around 500-800Rs.

sennheiser is the best!
they are a bit costly but the quality is awesome!!
my friend has one for his iPhone and it is fun to listen songs!

Thread Starter #6
@RSM, this is a nice headphone. I am looking for an headset as I will be using my E51 as MP3 player.

I found couple of models from Nokia, Sennheiser and Jabra. Currently reading through the reviews and trying to experience it at shops. Will update the details soon.

Thread Starter #8
A headset is a headphone combined with a microphone.

So, I am looking at picking up my call with out taking my 'headphone' off [;)].

OKay Shynish..

Your question is very easy & the answer is here!!

You should go for a bluetooth headset (A2DP) ones..

You can check out Sony, Senheiser & Motorola.

Sony is good, Senheiser is great & Motorola is cheaper.

I have used A2DP headset for years & it works great in the range of 10Mtrs.

I have Sony DS220i, very small & handy with good SQ.

Any A2DP Headset will cost you around 3K

You can try these & let me know your feeback.

Thread Starter #10
Sorry for being so late to update on this thread.

I was much attraced with Jabra HALO and some how I felt that this best suites my requirement. However, it was proced around 100 USD in US and 100 EURO in Europe. I kept it on my watch list for a long time. Some of the reviews on this was not positive either. CNet review said that call quality is not as expected and music quality is just okay. So I was trying to figure out how exactly this is.

Finallly, I bough my Jabra HALO hedset yesterday! I got in a special inagural offer (of one of the branches of giant electronic supermarket netwrok) for 54 Euros [thumbsup] Check out the original picture here. Following are my observations:

1. I am very very satisfied with this headset.
  2. If you are an audiophile, this is not the head set you should go for. However, this is good enough for a music listner like me. To best explain how the music quality is - I can assure you that you can clearly seperate bass guitar track. That says it all. So no one can say that the music qulaity is below the expected level.
  3. Some of the reviews says that the fit of this headset is not good. I would say that it is totally false. They just don't know how to use the headset at all. The fiting is perfect with its form factor. However, as I mentioned earrlier this will not give you the feel of those conventional 'cup style' headphones.
  4. Voice qulity for cell phone call is so far okay, how ever when I was in the bus it was breaking littil bit. I have to check this again as the headset was not charged.
  5. Most of the reviews says the touch volume control is tough to handle. I am just wondering what is wrong with this guys. Its prefectly smooth and working fine.
  6. A2DP profile is just awsome and working fine.
  7. Headset is too light and you have to be careful and remeber that it is sitting there!
I will use it this week completely and will update you guys with more feedback on this.

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty decent buy. You seem to have finally got your hands on it after > 4 months! I feel the Nok propriety earbuds are excellent for people who don't need a bluetooth headset. How would you compare the music quality of the nok's and the jabra's?

Thread Starter #12
You are right Arkin, Nokia ear buds are really nice. I am using it even now. However, somewhere I read that countinous usage of earbud headphone will ruine the ears. As a matter of fact this is true with any headphone. However, becuase of the proximity to the ear drum, ear buds are slightly more dangerous.

Jabra Halo is any day better than the earbud headphone I was using, in terms of sound qulity. It has more technically advanced system with som bass boosting etc. In fact, we can not compare these products as they fall in to different groups.

Nokia has some excellent headphones. Nokia BH 905 has excellent sound qulity. My colleague has this. I was really attracted towards Sennheiser. However, they are too costly. Honestly, I don't think one should spend that much for a headphone. I am not happy to spend 54 Euro too! However, I tgought to resolve a more than 4 months long hunt! And I am really happy with this one now [;)]

Top Bottom