Know Any Useful Online Softwares? Share Them Here

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I thought of sharing some software useful for us in many ways. I am not going to share the software copies in this thread. Just sharing the information about the software which will be useful on different occasions. Generally I search software for everything and am sure for each and everything we do in our system there are software either online or downloadable version. So here goes.

Fotosizer
Fotosizer is a free batch photo/image resizer tool. It lets you resize hundreds of photos in a matter of minutes in a quick and easy way.

steps.jpg

Recent days most of us upload lots and lots of pics here and mostly those were taken either in mobile/digital cameras which always has higher resolution. We can use this software to resize all our pictures to pre-difned size or our own custom size with customize name in batches (even you can do for 100s of photos in one shot)

There could be better software than this, if anyone pls share.

Re: Know some useful Software (online/Downloadable)

Thats a handy tool to resize and upload fotos

4 months back i started using kingsoft office on desktop, its not a perfect replacement for msoffice, it is awesome freeware office to have and does its job well on word, powerpoint or excel and almost most of the msoffice documents are compatable with this.

Not just money, kingsoft office is not a resource hog (doesnt sit on memory, or processor, even occupied less space on hard drive.

For my family day to day normal usage kingsoft office free does its job well

Kingsoft office software: free office software, professional office software

Last edited:

Generally I search software for everything and am sure for each and everything we do in our system there are software either online or downloadable version. So here goes.

Fotosizer

There could be better software than this, if anyone pls share.
Have you used Irfanview. It does 99% of the job related with photos. Editing, converting, playing even songs & videos with their 10mb plugin. If you have that, you can edit any images. Installer size 1.76MB ! It does batch processing as you mentioned. Developed by a guy called Irfan got 1Million download every month (as per them). THIS IS NOT AN ALTERNATE TO PHOTOSHOP OR RAW EDITOR

I use AcdSee (a paid software) & kind of settled with it :)

Thats a handy tool to resize and upload fotos
For my family day to day normal usage kingsoft office free does its job well

Kingsoft office software: free office software, professional office software
Even they got a paid version 69$ ! Is this with ads? They do not support PPTX (as per their site. The only draw back i could find)

Even they got a paid version 69$ ! Is this with ads? They do not support PPTX (as per their site. The only draw back i could find)
I didnt tried pptx but usual ppt extension, works
No i didnt seen any ads on free version

Seems paid version comes with some extras such as clipart and additional fonts

Does VLC player destroys speakers of laptop?

May be a complete nonsense. I have seen many cases where DELL rejects warranty on speakers for using VLC Player.

If you need a link to the same , https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106056

I use Klite Media Player classic. It plays all files without any problem. VLC is good for 200% volume instead of 100%. May be that is damaging? I do not have any solid proof for proving this. Many got replaced locally than going to Dell.

Does VLC player destroys speakers of laptop?

May be a complete nonsense. I have seen many cases where DELL rejects warranty on speakers for using VLC Player.

If you need a link to the same , https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106056

I use Klite Media Player classic. It plays all files without any problem. VLC is good for 200% volume instead of 100%. May be that is damaging? I do not have any solid proof for proving this. Many got replaced locally than going to Dell.
how can dell know if you are using VLC player?

how can dell know if you are using VLC player?
They casually ask 'which player you are using for audio/video'. Customers tend to say correctly. If they say 'Windows media player', your laptop speakers are replaced for free.

Who on the earth think that a video player damage the speaker? I have got it replaced for couple of people after knowing their problem. I told them to uninstall VLC and clear the logs. They told DELL that they using only Windows media player and winamp and nothing else. The engineer came and replaced the speakers in two days

Thread Starter #9

Wow, That is news to me.

How come a SW spoil your laptop's speaker. How about your regular desktop's speaker? I think am using VLC player for long time now both in my lappy as well as in my desktop. Never faced such problem.

The only chance is see is VLC player has volume booster. You can increase your volume to almost 200 % and hence that can be one of the issue (Thats what came to my mind). Also in general market will be flooded with these reviews of dell if they say that no warranty on speakers if they found VLC player installed. [:)]

Irfanview Software Application.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Its a nice software application designed and developed regarding image processing.

I want some information regarding different algorithms used for resizing image. i.e. Image enlargement and compression without compromising Image quality.

i.e.

Lanczos (slowest)
Hermite (fastest)
Triangle
Bell
Mitchell
B-Spline

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom