Computer is Dead!

Thread Starter #1
Please help me fellow TAIns!!

My computer is dead
I changed the RAM and HDD my self and it plugged it back in.
It worked for 10 seconds and then switched off.
After that it is not turning on only!
Please help me!!

P.S. i also changed the DVD drive.

Thanks

-Archit

350Z

Core Team
Can you elaborate on the issue? Try to tighten all the cords from CPU first, If it doesn't works then don't worry, We've a lot of PC experts here. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am not sure about HDD, but putting/replacing RAM is simple, just put it in the correct slot. I also did sometime back.

And if its not switching-ON, it should be some loose connection, as 350Z said. Try reconnecting, hope its not a big issue. Don't worry computer will not be dead.

Hey Archit!

These problems are common.

Do you hear any sound (beeps) ?

If you hear three beeps then its problem with RAM.

If you hear 10 beeps, then HDD..

So check that & revert!

Thread Starter #7
Hey Archit!

These problems are common.

Do you hear any sound (beeps) ?

If you hear three beeps then its problem with RAM.

If you hear 10 beeps, then HDD..

So check that & revert!
Zinam, thanks for that
but it is completely silent!
no sound
CPU is only dead!
Monitor is fine!

Okay.. so what you mean by dead ?

Did you chek if all the coooling fans work ? Processor, graphic cards, SMPS fans ?

And Is RAm slotted in properly.. both the edges ? If something is not slotted in properly, it could happen.

shall i tell you a simple trick? AFAIK yours is a new computer and surely under warranty. if so just ring the suppliers phone bell and ask him to attend the problem.
if not, according to me , dust is the culprit here. get hold of a vaccum cleaner and clean the cpu and blow air to all the ports and connect the plugs to the ports "PROPERLY" and "TIGHTLY". else try to get a RAM from a friend and see if it works. i think there is no problem with the HDD.

also have a look at the SMPS and the power supply chord. there might also be a dead living being(aka lizard or cockroach) inside.

its a box inside the cpu which is power supply unit to the PC.if you open the cover of the cpu , its proinently visible- a big box with a heat sink fan. just get it checked. BTW was there any power fluctuation when the PC switched off?

SMPS box can be found by removing the CPU cover and it is fitted on the top left corner of your CPU with a fan, check if that is working first!

A small idea from my side. If the Smps fan works, and there is no beep from ur motherboard, then check the small battery in the motherboard. it maybe dead, open it up, check it and change it...

Top Bottom