Sony vs Samsung TV's

Thread Starter #1
I have a Sony LCD tv (4 years old) and a Samsung LED tv (1.5 years old). Couple of months back, shadows starting appearing on top 40 % area of the Samsung tv. I was not keen on buying Samsung LED in the first place but was told that Samsung manufactures panels for Sony and so there should be no problem in the product.

On browsing internet, i came to know that this is a quite common problem in Samsung LED tv's. I bought it for around 65 k and now am being asked to replace the whole panel after paying 25k. Warranty on replacement panel is 3 months[clap]

However Sony has been working fine. I did notice that colors in Sony are much better.

Questions - Does anyone else have faced similar problems with Samsung TV and any suggestions on what to do. I dont want to spend 25k on replacement which comes with 3 months warranty, rather would sell this tv at junk yard.

On the other side, are there any similar stories for Sony ?

I have a Sony LCD tv (4 years old) and a Samsung LED tv (1.5 years old). Couple of months back, shadows starting appearing on top 40 % area of the Samsung tv. I was not keen on buying Samsung LED in the first place but was told that Samsung manufactures panels for Sony and so there should be no problem in the product.

On browsing internet, i came to know that this is a quite common problem in Samsung LED tv's. I bought it for around 65 k and now am being asked to replace the whole panel after paying 25k. Warranty on replacement panel is 3 months[clap]

However Sony has been working fine. I did notice that colors in Sony are much better.

Questions - Does anyone else have faced similar problems with Samsung TV and any suggestions on what to do. I dont want to spend 25k on replacement which comes with 3 months warranty, rather would sell this tv at junk yard.

On the other side, are there any similar stories for Sony ?
Ssroadie, complain to samsung care, They may pay you the amount based on defect. I think you need not pay them. They will take back the panel.

We have samsung LED Tv 46", in its third year. Touch wood.... No issues faced.

I hope you had stabilizer for the TV.

Hope you know the maintenance tips of these tv's as we'll.

One should often change channels, so that pixels don't accommodate in one location.

Keep on energy saving mode, if possible with less contrast.

When viewing HD you can use standard mode, with better contrast.
And when viewing SD channels you can use movie mode with less contrast.

Changing the channels for a moment avoids the dead pixels in one particular location.

Is there a frequent power disruption at your place?

As sudden surge in power can lead to problems.

Thread Starter #3
Ssroadie, complain to samsung care, They may pay you the amount based on defect. I think you need not pay them. They will take back the panel.

We have samsung LED Tv 46", in its third year. Touch wood.... No issues faced.

I hope you had stabilizer for the TV.

Hope you know the maintenance tips of these tv's as we'll.

One should often change channels, so that pixels don't accommodate in one location.

Keep on energy saving mode, if possible with less contrast.

When viewing HD you can use standard mode, with better contrast.
And when viewing SD channels you can use movie mode with less contrast.

Changing the channels for a moment avoids the dead pixels in one particular location.

Is there a frequent power disruption at your place?

As sudden surge in power can lead to problems.
Mukesh, Power cuts are not very frequent in hyderabad, however i do have a UPS inverter. Advertisements in different channels have already made me a "channel swapper".

Well, i paid 1200 rs just to call Samsung care and tell me that they need 25000 more.

I also heard that it is very common with Samsung TVs.

On the other hand using Sony Bravia for 5 years now myself, but with no issues.

Same - Using Sony Bravia for 6 years now and touch wood not a single issue till now. TV is ON daily for almost 6 Hrs .

My Samsung LED TV (Series 5 Smart 32') panel goes off just after 1 month of the purchase [anger]. Later I came to know that panel problem is very common in all Samsung LED TVs.

but if its in one month only you should have got it replaced under warranty
I purchased that from Singapore [frustration]. They are charging me 12K for replacement. After that giving me only 1 month warranty on panel part.

I got my TV checked from local TV mechanic and found that only a circuit which is connected to the panel is faulty which costs around 3K but samsung is selling circuit with panel only not alone.

Top Bottom