Suggest The Best Tablet For Around 5K.

Thread Starter #1
I need a help on choosing the best tablet for 5K for my grandfather. He will use it for ONLY watching stock markets.
He might over expect it because I used to give him my father's 51K iPad.[lol]
What'd be the best choice? Only the requirement is that it should have 3G and nothing else.

Last edited:
You won't get a branded tab in 5K. So only Indian brands like Micromax, Karbonn and HCL and other Chinese brands will be available. Heres the tablet with best specs I found :-
HCL ME U2 Tablet - HCL: Flipkart.com
- 1 GHZ processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Mali 400 GPU
- 800X480 resolution
- Android v 4.0 (biggest con)
- 0.3 MP camera
- 3000 mAh Battery
- 4 GB Internal Storage
- Expandable upto 32 GB
- WiFi and 3G enabled

there was tab distributed by bsnl i remember. do not quite remember the make etc.

it should be available for around 2-3K.

Thread Starter #6
What about this? Datawind UbiSlate 7CZ Tablet - Datawind: Flipkart.com
Seems to be a good buy.
I've shortlisted all these mentioned in here(TAI) with Funbook also. Which one do you recommend. IMO, the BSNL one (above) seems to be the best.

Also, I need a help. He would be watching stock market videos regularly. So which internet plan would suffice ( under 400)? Options include broadband too.

Are you sure he will use 3G than wifi ? If you are having a broadband, you may get a decent tablet around 5k (without sim slot) which can be connected thru wifi. Datawind - you just feel the same in shop before buying. All the best :)

Thread Starter #8
He doesn't have a broadband connection. And it's a place where there is no 3G coverage. Yes, Idea is there but still very less signal strength. So what'd you suggest?
Datawind, is it available in the shops?

Thread Starter #10
So you say it is better than that Datawind with Dual Core A9 processor, 1GB RAM and some extras?
Also, on Flipkart, if purchasing via EMI, should I pay any extra?

So you say it is better than that Datawind with Dual Core A9 processor, 1GB RAM and some extras?
Also, on Flipkart, if purchasing via EMI, should I pay any extra?
cant say ,as i have not checked out with the datawind tab.

friend had got it dirt cheap for something around 2.3k , so he was happy with the tab.

You may look at Ainol Crystal. It's a very decent tab and the h/w quality is good, a lot better than BSNL Penta. Should be around 6.5K.

Thread Starter #13
Reopening this thread. Please suggest me the best one around 5K, not for Grandfather though. :tongue:
Looking for the best WiFi only tablet.

Reopening this thread. Please suggest me the best one around 5K, not for Grandfather though. :tongue:
you will get only **** in 5000 bucks
increase your budget so that you do not suffer from a major post purchase dissonance.

Hi edios,
Have look at Micromax Funbook Infinity P275.But I would tell you to wait and get Nexus 7 WiFi only,when the price comes down to 8000 range.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Top Bottom