Suggest a Scientific Calculator

Thread Starter #1
hi all,
i need to buy a scientific calculator for my wife which will be later used by myself.
Requirements
1. she needs statistical analysis
2. basic trigonometry
3. integration etc.

at first i thought not to look for top brands, but a previous experience made me think twice.
i had one Orpat Scientific calculator, it was fine but slow when attempting heavy calculations, then the board died but i was able to replace it by just paying Rs. 185/-. but later i began giving unreliable results.

i need you opinions on the
1. Texas Instruments calculators
2. Casio
3. Flair

please note that we are not engineering students, my wife is doing Ph.D and she has some statistical part. after that i will be using it.
i want a
1. solid calculator (which can withstand a few drops as we tend to clumsy)
2. good service (accessible service centre too)
3. cost effective

kindly pour in your thoughts

Go for casio only,

you get loads of videos on youtube for its usage function

The best in class is Casio FX-9750GII, which i still have one, magical pice i can say, Very accurate, but surely not cost effective costs round 8000 Rs,

for cost effectiveness go for casio fx-115ESPLUS costs round 1000 Rs on ebay

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Bought Casio fx-82MS

Thank you all guys. i had set my mind on the TI 36 XPro of TI30 XS.
Just before the final decision we (she) had to go for shopping, in the meantime i sauntered into my friend's electronic shop. to my surprise i saw a Casio fx-82MS sitting there. (MFG: FEB 2011, MRP: 375). he told me that he had bought it for someone else and they were not interested and if i need it he will give me huge discount [:D]!
Instantly i decided to buy it. it will be ok for us, and if we do need an upgrade we can go for it and the initial investment is negligible (online price 404 + shipping - flipkart)
IMG_0421.jpg

Since the purpose is served admins kindly close the thread

Last edited:

Top Bottom