Hands Free Calling Kit - Inputs Needed

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

It seems that without input from TAI now I cannot make decision on any purchase.[lol]

Please suggest a good quality handsfree kit for my car which I can operate seamlessly without getting distracted.

Among all I have zeroed this one:

Blaupunkt BT DRIVE FREE 411 - Wireless Bluetooth - Buy Car Interior & Accessories Accessories | Snapdeal.com

My basic requirement the device to be mounted on steering and can access phone book to make call and ofccourse answering the call.

Is there any device which can be also integrated with ICE.

BTW : I drive Ertiga ZDI with stock ICE.

Re: Input needed on handsfree calling kit

The one you mentioned above do not have a 'access phone book' function right?

If you are looking for a handsfree stereo set paired with phone, you can even have a look at MW600 : Mobile Phone Accessories : Smartphones : Sony India (you can attach to your shirt/pocket). You can even make it as a bluetooth setup (by removing the headset cable and attaching to your aux port). That way, you can even get your gps instructions on your speakers. I had posted a youtube video of the same in GPS thread (just for demo).

May not suit your requirement. Just thought of sharing it

Thread Starter #3

The one you mentioned above do not have a 'access phone book' function right?

If you are looking for a handsfree stereo set paired with phone, you can even have a look at MW600 : Mobile Phone Accessories : Smartphones : Sony India (you can attach to your shirt/pocket). You can even make it as a bluetooth setup (by removing the headset cable and attaching to your aux port). That way, you can even get your gps instructions on your speakers. I had posted a youtube video of the same in GPS thread (just for demo).

May not suit your requirement. Just thought of sharing it
Thanks Appus, but this is a headset. I really do not like using ear phone, I feel little pain while using ear phone.Thats why I never listen music on my phone or any portable music device.

Yes. It is headset with a detachable earphone.

The +ves I have seen on this are:

Device's headset/cables can be removed. You can use any high quality stereo headphone/earplug for the same. I am using Creative stereo headset for the same.

The device got the mic built in. So, if you attach just an aux cable to your aux input, you can attend the call and speak thru the built in mic. You need not connect the headset at all.

Incoming call number display. You can see the caller's number displayed.

As it is a stereo, i love hearing music also while traveling on two wheeler. This got an FM which i do not use much. This can be paired to three devices. But Only one device at a time.

The above model is more suitable for people like me who travel in two wheeler most of the time and occasionally in car.

For me a dedicated device should have much more features than this.
Integrated to ICE thru bluetooth.
Music control on the same device.
Accessing the call list /displays on ICE. etc

Just a call/disconnect button with a mic/speaker for 3K is too much in my opinion (again, just my opinion)

Thread Starter #5

Yes. It is headset with a detachable earphone.

The +ves I have seen on this are:

Device's headset/cables can be removed. You can use any high quality stereo headphone/earplug for the same. I am using Creative stereo headset for the same.

The device got the mic built in. So, if you attach just an aux cable to your aux input, you can attend the call and speak thru the built in mic. You need not connect the headset at all.

Incoming call number display. You can see the caller's number displayed.

As it is a stereo, i love hearing music also while traveling on two wheeler. This got an FM which i do not use much. This can be paired to three devices. But Only one device at a time.

The above model is more suitable for people like me who travel in two wheeler most of the time and occasionally in car.

For me a dedicated device should have much more features than this.
Integrated to ICE thru bluetooth.
Music control on the same device.
Accessing the call list /displays on ICE. etc

Just a call/disconnect button with a mic/speaker for 3K is too much in my opinion (again, just my opinion)
Thanks Appu, what you have mentioned is worth to try. once I ll reach home will see the video you have posted and order accordingly.

Do you have any link for online order for the same, please suggest the price also.

i am using JABRA FREEWAY
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...luetooth-car-handsfree-speaker-worth-buy.html and the user experience has been awesome

it has a long battery life ( i have had to charge it in about 45 days ) , beauty is that the voice is damn clear, even though the device has awesome speakers but still you can set your own FM channel to route all calls/phone to your car's inbuilt speakers. The device is also firmware upgradeable if there are any improvements in the future you get that too. since my purchase there have been 2 upgrades.

pairing is super easy, it can stream music/fm from your cell so if your in holiday mood, you can
simply carry this to the beach or dhaba etc and make your own evening lively.

Key Features

Industry leading rich and crisp sound with 3 speakers and Virtual Surround Sound.
Keep conversations clear with acoustically optimized design featuring HD Voice ready, dual microphones, echo and noise cancellation.
Use your voice to make, answer, end, redial and reject calls.
With a free Voice Assist subscription, send and receive text messages and emails, post updates to Facebook and Twitter.
Voice guidance provides pairing instructions, caller ID, connection status, and battery level.
FM Transmitter sends music and calls from mobile phone to car radio.
A2DP streams music, podcasts and turn-by-turn GPS directions from your phone.
Control music player using AVRCP remote controls.
Turns on and off automatically using the built-in motion sensor.
Multipoint--connects to 2 active Bluetooth devices at the same time.
Dedicated mute button, on/off switch and large easy to access volume controls.
Easy to install--just pair to your phone and clip onto sun visor.
Firmware updates and additional languages available for download at jabra.com.
Car charger with USB cable so you can also charge it from your PC.
Up to 14 hours of talk time and 40 days of standby time.
See a larger schematic image of all controls.

check the reviews Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jabra FREEWAY Bluetooth Speakerphone (Black, Retail Packaging)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

i am using JABRA FREEWAY
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...luetooth-car-handsfree-speaker-worth-buy.html and the user experience has been awesome

it has a long battery life ( i have had to charge it in about 45 days ) , beauty is that the voice is damn clear, even though the device has awesome speakers but still you can set your own FM channel to route all calls/phone to your car's inbuilt speakers. The device is also firmware upgradeable if there are any improvements in the future you get that too. since my purchase there have been 2 upgrades.

pairing is super easy, it can stream music/fm from your cell so if your in holiday mood, you can
simply carry this to the beach or dhaba etc and make your own evening lively.

Key Features

Industry leading rich and crisp sound with 3 speakers and Virtual Surround Sound.
Keep conversations clear with acoustically optimized design featuring HD Voice ready, dual microphones, echo and noise cancellation.
Use your voice to make, answer, end, redial and reject calls.
With a free Voice Assist subscription, send and receive text messages and emails, post updates to Facebook and Twitter.
Voice guidance provides pairing instructions, caller ID, connection status, and battery level.
FM Transmitter sends music and calls from mobile phone to car radio.
A2DP streams music, podcasts and turn-by-turn GPS directions from your phone.
Control music player using AVRCP remote controls.
Turns on and off automatically using the built-in motion sensor.
Multipoint--connects to 2 active Bluetooth devices at the same time.
Dedicated mute button, on/off switch and large easy to access volume controls.
Easy to install--just pair to your phone and clip onto sun visor.
Firmware updates and additional languages available for download at jabra.com.
Car charger with USB cable so you can also charge it from your PC.
Up to 14 hours of talk time and 40 days of standby time.
See a larger schematic image of all controls.

check the reviews Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jabra FREEWAY Bluetooth Speakerphone (Black, Retail Packaging)
Thank you for the input, price please, can it be integrated with Music system.

Thank you for the input, price please, can it be integrated with Music system.
its a separate device but yes you can set an FM channels on your music system to use the cars speakers/your home music system etc etc . pretty handy feature i must add.

i had purchased from indiatimes for 5524 bucks

Jabra Bluetooth Freeway In-Car Speakerphone - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com

try FLASH2907 to get discount of Rs 552 , i.e final cost is 6347
flipkart @ Rs. 6595 Flipkart.com
shopcleus @ Rs 6599 Jabra Freeway Bluetooth Speakerphone
tradus @ 10% docuunt with code CDUNIA10 Buy Online Jabra Bluetouth In Car Stereo Speakerphone FREEWAY - Black. Shop from tradus.com MOAMALG22TPSK4H2
24sevenindia. @ 5999 http://www.24sevenindia.com/index.p...ct&limit=25&manufacturer_id=14&product_id=297

Last edited:

Yes. If you are willing to pay around 6.3K, go for it !
Use SCNW15DD @ Shopclues . You can get it at a price of 6,299 +126 clue bucks (That is another 126 rs)
So - >6173 (effective)
jabra.jpg

Last edited:

its a one time investment. you wont rue the money spent, i can assure you that. rest is your wish :)

if one gets challaned talking on phone, you are aware of the challan amount:)

Thread Starter #13
Thank You every one for wonderful contribution. I have almost decided to go with Jabra Freeway in some time, will check with reliance autzone if they have else online shopping. My observation related to online shopping, many a time they sell at higher price than retail price.

E.g Sony MW600 on Flipkart it is 3990 while at Sony web site only 2999, I called Sony customer care to know the price and the guy told the maxm retail price is 2999 and requested not to pay a single paisa more than that.

Yes. As Nitin said, the old mrp was higher. 3925. If you call flipkart customer care and ask for the change, they may reduce as per new MRP.

Read the reviews in flipkart on the same device. And mind you, this is more worth when you use it to the full potential. On car,bike,fm, sleeping etc etc. Think twice of this product as you do not use headphone/earplug while driving.

@Nitin,
couple of doubts.
Does it display the incoming caller name? Or it says the number/name stored in it?
The FM frequency? Does the sound quality get deteriorate at times? Or it is as good as stereo/aux with a cable connected?
Do you have an option to play it on external device thru aux port?

So, how do you normally play music? From phone thru this speaker or USB/Disc from your car stereo? Or Phone to this and then to car stereo thru FM?

I was looking for an ICE Setup which may not be existing/would not get developed

It should be paired with phone,GPS,Reverse sensor,System Audio.
It should play the audio from my stereo normally.

When i get a call, I should get it on car speakers without selecting Bluetooth,aux option.
Once the call gets disconnected, it should go back to car's stereo mode.

When a voice comes from GPS or Reverse sensor, it should play on Car's Speaker.
Later, it should go back to the playing music mode from HU.

No button pressing should be involved.

Top Bottom