Printers - Which One To Choose From?

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I am looking for a color laser printer for office use.

I had a very bad experience with HP CP1020 printer which was bought some 1 year back and has reached to non repairable condition. Tried with some 10 people including HP authorised service guys but no use and the cartridge cost it self is Rs.12K where I can get a new printer adding 2 or 3 thousand more.

So looking for bit robust one which will last long for a while and easy service is available as HP service is really pathetic.

Looking for the brands Canon, Epson, Ricoh at the moment

Look forward for the suggestions from members who are using a color printer and please do not suggest me something by browsing the web[:)]

Re: Looking for a Color Laser printer !!

Look forward for the suggestions from members who are using a color printer and please do not suggest me something by browsing the web[:)]
Not suggesting anything as I do not use color laser printer.
All these comes in the range of 18 to 25 are not robust when you use like 'heavy duty'!

When we suggest for our clients, we do read reviews on internet only. Because, distributors wont be knowing pros/cons of each and every model available.

It is all depends on number of copies you take per day/month. If you rarely use the printer, any basic model will work without any problem. If you use it as a heavy duty printer, lower end model may not be able to withstand it. Hence you face lots of issue. Drum/sensor/toner problems.

I know people who are using Xerox black laser printer/copier/fax costs 1.5 to 3 + lakhs . (their print volume is really high). If they use samsung 1640 which costs 5k, they will have problem from day 1. I am using 1640 for last 3 1/2 years without any issues.

MFP M175 (Multi function) is the next model to your CP 1025

Bottom line : All lower end models are targeting selling of toner/ink and making profit than on printer. You get printer for 1300rs and ink costs 1000Rs ! [cry]

Thread Starter #3
Re: Looking for a Color Laser printer !!

I know people who are using Xerox black laser printer/copier/fax costs 1.5 to 3 + lakhs . (their print volume is really high). If they use samsung 1640 which costs 5k, they will have problem from day 1. I am using 1640 for last 3 1/2 years without any issues.

MFP M175 (Multi function) is the next model to your CP 1025

Bottom line : All lower end models are targeting selling of toner/ink and making profit than on printer. You get printer for 1300rs and ink costs 1000Rs ! [cry]
Thanks Appus, you are right all lower end once are cheap by cost, but cartridge cost is very high.

What is that 1640, is it HP ??

My usage is very less every day, but something like there was a documentation work which required color prints so printer was really busy every day taking lot of prints. So either I will say less use or more use. Yes we do have a Ricoh heavy duty bought for 2L and works excellent

Guys, today there are lots of options brands available in hardware to choose from.Though i use the laser one at my factory from HP, I am looking to buy one for my home, a combination of print, copy and scan 3 in one.
Injekt printers, have heard the issue taking the cartridges dry up fast if your usage isnt that much, what are the options to choose from and in tight budget as well.
Main purpose is that kids growing up, their projects from schools, prints tobe taken out, along with my small factory work as well where it gets pospones cause of lack of printer at home along with kids stuffs to be printed now.
A laser one or injekt one shall i look for, and which brand and model number if one has do share with the pricing approx if available.

Question no.1 : Do you want to use color? Laser color starts around 18k. Laser black printer costs from 4000 and if you are looking for all in one in black laser, costs around 10000 hp 1136.
Color ink jets are cheaper, you get all in one under 3000. As you said, ink gets dried up fast.

Normally kids needs to print even in color.

My suggestion may look weird.
Get a basic all in one inkjet printer. Use only for scan and printing color. If you are not using it for long time, put a cello tape near the print head (won't dry up)
Buy a decent black laser printer canon 2900 @ 5500 or so.
Use it for black printing. For copier, scan it first and then print through laser. (copier in printer scans initially and prints from the buffer-memory)

So you will have a sturdy printer(laser) and still you can print occasional color/scanning). Costs less than 8500.

If you are not worried about color, go buy a mfp 1136 from hp.

Sorry for confusing you

Thankyou appus for your reply, i was too thinking that as of now the colour copies are not a must must and regular prints, so why not a laser all in one hp printer, and later on when if the printing materials are too high for colour prints can get a colour injekt printer later on.
How much does the 1136 from HP costs.

Thread Starter #7
Hmm, Vijay you are bit lucky with a solution quickly. I still in a fix that what to buy. My present situation is

1. I have one MFP1516 HP which I am using for scanning and printing, but it is being used since past 4 years and its printing capabilities are not very good as we have changed lot of parts with the issues of cartridges and even a new cartridge cannot print properly now and repair cost for the same is going to very high now.
2. I had one color printer being used only by me in office for important letters either in color or black and white. It was bought a year back and it run very well for a year where we have taken lot of color prints on it. Now there is some problem with the catridge and other things and when we check with some 10 repair guys they tried in all the ways and say it is not very sure even I buy new cartridge(Rs.12000) the print will work properly or not

So in that above situation. The MFP printer is able to give some light prints and very clear and the laser color printer CP1025 is not able to delivery everything. So what should I buy now which is printer is more reliable and repairable and which after sales service is good.

Continuous black and white and occasional color printing what do you suggest. For A3 and A4 bulk printing I have one heavy duty Ricoh printer in different location, so whenever we need something in bulk we use that printer, but that is not available in our office premises

Black prints as you say i would suggest you to buy laser printer from HP, i am very satisfied with my 1020,1022 hp laser printers at my factory and does duty superbly.
My colour prints are very rare needed and i get it done outside with the charges of 7/- per print.So for me for the quantity prints nothing better then laser printers.
If colour prints are that frequent as well then you can choose the laser colour printer too along with your non colour prints.

I always prefer to buy the cheapest printer because:
1. No matter how good it is, whenever you really need it it never works.
2. Whenever you need a cartridge, that model has been discontinued.

I always prefer to buy the cheapest printer because:
1. No matter how good it is, whenever you really need it it never works.
2. Whenever you need a cartridge, that model has been discontinued.
That is the problem of cheap printers :D (especially ink jets)

If it is a laser printer, you always have an option to refill toner. Its much neater compared to refilling of ink-cartridges

Once you refill, you get 1000-3000 copies. hp18a toners are there in the market for almost 6-7 years if not more.

Next time choose a good printer and it will work when you really need it.

Thread Starter #12
@appus,

But refilling in the CP1025 cartridges is very complecated job as their design itself demands for new sets to be used. And there is some serious problem of some printer cartridge drum[frustration] I really regret for choosing this printer and guys stay away from such things.

I have checked with the road side color printer guys like cyber cafes and all and most of them are using Canon

@RK Sir,
You are talking about color laser cartridge? Then, it is complicated. For black,you may have to insert a chip for few model. We can use hp cartridge in canon 2900.

Laser printer heat the powder (toner) and print. So the drum and most of the inside parts gets heated. If you use a lower end one continuously, there is a chance of drum getting spoiled. (which might have happened in your case)

Thread Starter #14
@appus

Yes I am talking about the color laser cartridge here. Yes there was a chip replacement done and still problem did not get solved.

Thread Starter #15
Friends

Finally I have divided the requirements into two. A black one for daily use and a color one for rare use.

I bought a Canon 2900 laser printer for daily use(B/W)

Kept color printer on hold for a while as we are thinking to buy a A3 size one, so will take some time.

Thank you all for your inputs and the new printer is simple and very quick and the clarity is really good. find few pics of the printer. I bought it for Rs.6500/-

Attachments

Top Bottom