http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicab https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_rickshaw http://www.weighbridge.co.in/digital-taximeters.html http://www.taximeter.in/ Digital Taximeters, Auto Rickshaw Meter Manufacturing Company- Sansui Electronics Pvt Ltd. Electronic Taxi Meter - Electronic Taxi Meter Manufacturers,Electronic Taxi Meter Suppliers & Exporters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_clock
Both the products are installed in Taxicabs and Auto rickshaws for displaying the fare as per the distance traveled to the passenger. Meters function with two independent variables i.e. waiting time from which the dependent parameter called fare and distance traveled by the passenger. There is also a Digital Clock displayed on the electronic meter which can be only viewed i.e. Time in Hours:Minutes Format.
There are two fares mathematical calculations for the distance traveled as per Day and Night Fare charges.
1. Day Time Fare charges. Time period : 6 am to 11 pm.
2. Night Time Fare charges. Time period : 11 pm to 6 am.
The Night Time Fare charges as compared to the Day Time Fare charges are more for the passengers as per the distance traveled.
The consumer can change the date and time in the Electronic products viz digital, analog wrist watches, wall clocks, cell phones, computers etc with the help of rotating switches, push buttons.
But this facility is not provided to the taxi or auto rickshaw owner where the electronic meter product is installed.
Could this be the reasons mentioned ?.
1. There are chances that the taxi/rickshaw owner may misuse the electronic meter product by adjusting the time well in advance (i.e. keeping the Time Ahead) so that he may get more money during night time.
As a example, Actual Time is 10:30 pm night, the taxi/rickshaw owner/driver changes the time to 11:00 pm. i.e. 1/2 hour or 30 minutes ahead. Now if a passengers who boards the taxi/rickshaw at 10:30 pm travels a distance of say 15 minutes in the taxi or rickshaw. The electronic meter will do the mathematical computations as per 11:00 pm clock set i.e. Night Time so it has computed from 11:00 pm to 11:15 pm and not from 10:30 pm to 10:45 pm. So the Passenger has to pay more money as per the night charges fare though the actual night fare will start from 11:00 pm.
2. Are there chances that the programming logic for fare calculations as per the distance traveled for the time parameter (time : Day period, Night period) may not work properly if the taxi or auto rickshaw owner manually adjust the time ?.
Among the two probable reasons, which could be the likely reason or there could be any more reason ?
3. Do you feel the electronic meter installed in the taxis and auto rickshaws can be modified with push buttons externally which will allow the taxi or auto rickshaw owner to manually adjust the time if the above probable problem/s are solved without opening or disassembling the electronic meter ?.
Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar