India Becomes 3rd Largest SmartPhone Market in World

Thread Starter #1
India just zipped past Japan in Q1 to become the third largest smartphone market in the world, which explains the special attention everyone is placing on it, scrambling to get a foothold.

Apple is doing some subsidy tricks to expand market share, and Nokia is relying on low-cost warriors like the Lumia 520, and both are succeeding, but the real winner is Android, which is on the vast majority of Indian smartphones, or 90% at last count.

The two largest smartphone markets are still US and China, but growth in the US has nearly stalled at 19% year-on-year, compared to China (63%), or India (163%), so this ranking is bound to change pretty soon again.

India becomes third largest smartphone market in the world, after US and China

It is high time Apple focuses on India after US and China as the future market lies here only. Way Samsung has already captured market, they will have same fate as Sony or Nokia down the line.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
This is good [clap] sony's already considering india as a main market by launching xperia phones in the country before other main markets.

moto/google are you reading :mad:
grapevine is by november or so moto will be back in india, training of staff and all has begun.

cant see google ignoring india since moto is now owned by them.

Last edited:
moto/google are you reading :mad:
grapevine is by november or so moto will be back in india, training of staff and all has begun.

cant see google ignoring india since moto is now owned by them.
Hahahaha, Nitin, you are trying to wake up the dead souls it seems[lol]

But Samsung really captured the market so well from past few years, but the competition is going to be stronger now in India with this kind of market

the only companies which can kill samsung is either nokia ( coz of M$ ) or motorola (google)
but nokia is walking the windows path and horizon looks bleak, google will not mess with samsung, seems samsung is going to rule the smart phone market for long.

its just a matter of time when samsung decides to change it design / love for plastic and they will shut all their critics. as of now they have an android for every segment covering all price points, every size. wont be easy to shake off their monopoly for anyone.

the only companies which can kill samsung is either nokia ( coz of M$ ) or motorola (google)
but nokia is walking the windows path and horizon looks bleak, google will not mess with samsung, seems samsung is going to rule the smart phone market for long.

its just a matter of time when samsung decides to change it design / love for plastic and they will shut all their critics. as of now they have an android for every segment covering all price points, every size. wont be easy to shake off their monopoly for anyone.
Sony has done that already killing samsung market

Sony has done that already killing samsung market
maybe a few decimal points but nothing much. its just that people want to stick to android but get bored with same styling of samsung. sony at least has better designed products plus with its advertising budget plus katrina kaif has made some inroads.

More and more people will go to Nokia because of aggressive pricing / built quality in coming months/years. My next phone would be a windows phone as i have done enough on customizing rom/ rooting etc. I mainly preferred custom ROM to avoid the lag / slow performance. If I get a phone with zero lag and good performance, why should i go for custom ROM. I rooted to get the adblock installed. I hate ads !

Nokia already in a return path. Hope to see them getting better !

Last edited:
More and more people will go to Nokia because of aggressive pricing / built quality in coming months/years. My next phone would be a windows phone as i have done enough on customizing rom/ rooting etc. I mainly preferred custom ROM to avoid the lag / slow performance. If I get a phone with zero lag and good performance, why should i go for custom ROM. I rooted to get the adblock installed. I hate ads !

Nokia already in a return path. Hope to see them getting better !
i doubt, build quality is pathetic, most of their current designs resemble a brick. on top of that no customisation. android users who are even a little tech savvy will rue their decisions since you are moving to a closed os.

My friend's 820 fell down (rather thrown by his kid) 4 times. Nothing happened. Can't think the same about samsung galaxy s3 s and s4's. Closed os. How many techies use linux @ home because it is open source and not "closed". :D

i doubt, build quality is pathetic, most of their current designs resemble a brick. on top of that no customisation. android users who are even a little tech savvy will rue their decisions since you are moving to a closed os.
WOW..looks like you haven't seen this
Nokia Lumia 920 Destruction: What Does It Take? - YouTube

My friend's 820 fell down (rather thrown by his kid) 4 times. Nothing happened. Can't think the same about samsung galaxy s3 s and s4's. Closed os. How many techies use linux @ home because it is open source and not "closed". :D
True That
You cant even think of that

Last edited:

Top Bottom