Portable Power Bank For Mobile Phones

Thread Starter #1
The number of users using smartphones are increasing day by day. The smartphones have minimized the use of personal computers. Although a personal computer can do much more than a smartphone, most of the common tasks can be done in a smartphone which is more convenient for us to carry and keep in touch with friends and family. But battery life has been the common issue that people find since the smartphone age – especially when Androids and iPhones came. People find it difficult to have a smartphone with a small battery and so, they reject the phone and get one with a bigger battery. That is where these portable chargers come handy.

[end_tabset]

Here I’m reviewing the inexpensive, great gadget from Nokia which is performing way better than the other portable chargers around in the range it retails.

Specifications:

GENERAL
Type: USB Charger
Connector: micro USB
LED Indicator: Yes
Model: DC-16
POWER:
Output: 950 mAh
DIMENSIONS
Width x Height x Depth: 23.3 x 120 x 23.3 mm
Weight: 75 g

Optimized-IMG_5760
Optimized-IMG_5764
Optimized-IMG_5786

It came with a small, nice looking box which is almost identical to all of the Nokia products. Inside it is the Portable Charger and a micro-USB cable. The cable is short which is adequate for a small portable charger. It comes with the same color as of the charger. There are four LED lights which shows the charge remaining in it.

The built quality is great and feels premium when holding in the hands. It is kind of matte black which is + point because of which a glossy one might attract fingerprints as well as it will get scratches easily. It is small, not too small, but is perfect for a portable charger which even you can put it in your pocket without any hassle. It has a USB port on one side to charge the phones and a micro USB port on the other side to charge itself. It can be charged with any wall charger with USB cable as well as with computers or laptops. It takes about 2-3-4 hours to get it fully charged with a 1.3A Nokia wall charger. It might take more when charging with a laptop or PC with USB 2.0 port. Nokia states that it can hold its charge for 3 months.

Read the full review here: Review: Nokia DC-16 Portable Charger – Totally worth! | TechTage

Re: Review of Nokia DC-16 Portable Charger

^^ Couldnt have asked for better timing of this review. Yesterday redeemed my credit card points and have Univercell GV with me. Was planning to use it for portable charger and bingo! Here is the review. Thanks edios for sharing.

Thread Starter #3

^^ Couldnt have asked for better timing of this review. Yesterday redeemed my credit card points and have Univercell GV with me. Was planning to use it for portable charger and bingo! Here is the review. Thanks edios for sharing.
Thanks bro. [:)]
It is really good at 1,200 rs! Trust me, 950 mAh is great for a portable charger worth 1.2K. Go for it if you have the phone's battery capacity below 2200 mAh.

Discussion on Online Shopping, User Reviews of Products.

Hey guys thought to open this new thread, especially for discussion of various products.

My query is on portable power charging bank for cellphones.

Any reviews on these portable power banks?

Amazon.com: EC TECHNOLOGY® New Dual USB 13000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger For iPhone 5s 5c 5(Lightning Adapter Not Included), 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, iPad Mini, iPods, Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500, S3 I9300, S3 Mini I8190, S2 I9100,

I am thinking to go for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Discussion on Online Shopping, User Reviews of Products.

I have 2 portable chargers, one is of Logitech I think so and other is some other brand that I have never heard of. Both of the chargers were gift to me. My wife uses the smaller one that logitech and she is happy with it. She can charge her mobile some times. I have the bigger one, but din't have situation to use it so far.

Here is a pic of EC tech power bank.

Guys in own word it's a much needed relief that you can carry with you.

You will never run out of power.

Powering iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S.

Will let you all know the duration of how long it's battery lasts.

image.jpg

I was using Ambrane power bank 5400mah. I could charge my Dell streak for 2 to 2 1/2 times with that. Sometimes 3 full charge. The main problem was, it takes almost 2 days fully to charge it once it is completely discharged. It was helpful at times when i forgot to charge at times from office/home. Gave to brother thinking that i will get some better brand. Bought for 950RS from shopclues

@mukeshus -> A complete 'apple' user in all sense !

I am using i ball brand. It is awesome. It can be charged in car also. It can charge my Galaxy grand duos twice for my usage pattern. It is helpful for clicking snaps when on picnic without fearing the discharge of phone battery. has LED indicators which shows charge remaining.

Most importantly, they have provided multiple and detachable pins suitable to charge various brands of phones using single USB cable
It has detachable plug which can be used as charger in home or office electric supply with the help of USB cable of my phone.

Guys the charge of OEM battery lasted for 3 times IP5 charging, and 4 times IP4S charging from 1 %.

It has a 2A outlet for iPad charging and 1 A for iPhones or any other phone.

The charging with 5V 1A took cool 17 hours to charge it, after complete discharge.

The same with USB charging can take 34 hours(As mentioned on its box).

The iPad, Iphone adapter was used to charge this.

And it has a torch too.(Double tapping the button).
photo 1.JPG

Look and feel is smooth with Sturdy grip.

photo 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom