Suggest Me the Awesomest Laptop at 70k at the Most

Thread Starter #1
As the title says.
I don't know much about PCs other than Googling.[roll]
Which will be the best laptop at 70K at the most?
Please also suggest the best one at 40K, 50K, and 60K.

Should have the best performance, includes GPU.
Add new features as well.

As the title says.
I don't know much about PCs other than Googling.[roll]
Which will be the best laptop at 70K at the most?
Please also suggest the best one at 40K, 50K, and 60K.

Should have the best performance, includes GPU.
Add new features as well.
Used for ?
Gaming ?
Applications ?

If gaming, go for a high end desktop to avoid heating problem, lag etc.
If you are looking for sturdiness/18+ hrs of work in that, Dell Latitude scores among the rest !

There are many laptops available depending on the features, speed, weight etc.

If it is taken outside every day. you can choose something which is 'Ultra light' (ultrabook) which got a SSD instead of hard disk drive.

First, you need to be sure about the apps/games you are going to use with it.

Screen size ? If used at home, you can even go for 15.6 or 17" (Autocad/ Photoshop users looks for a bigger screen).
15.6 is bit too much for carrying outside everyday. 13.x" would be ideal or even a 14".

Definitely will suggest something according to your needs. Please elaborate your needs :)

Thread Starter #4
Umm, well, it should be capable of doing anything. But better if lighter and adds a touchscreen. Nothing specific, it should be the best one.
Shrey, that's heavier, and lacks touchscreen and looks I think. I know it's the BEST, but I something lighter, having touchscreen would be preffered.

Umm, well, it should be capable of doing anything. But better if lighter and adds a touchscreen. Nothing specific, it should be the best one.
Shrey, that's heavier, and lacks touchscreen and looks I think. I know it's the BEST, but I something lighter, having touchscreen would be preffered.
Check this Asus S550CM-CJ054H Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB 24GB SSD/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) - Asus: Flipkart.com
but still i will suggest you Y500 because its capable of anything it will run any you throw at it without any lag, i don't know its lighter or heavier side its 2.7KGs its the best lappy in that price range or your money can buy. About touchscreen why you want that??

"Kuch paane ke liye kuch khona padega"

Last edited:
Sony vaio pro 11 or pro 13 .

Sony VAIO Pro 11 review: finally, a new flagship ultraportable to replace the Z

MobileTechReview Forum, News and Reviews: Sony Vaio Pro 13 Video Review - Haswell Inside

Sony's VAIO Pro 11 is lighter than Air - YouTube

Sony Vaio Pro 13 review: the best Haswell ultrabook of the moment - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-ZBke68tA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ4JvQ0KR9Q

Haswell Ultrabooks are here in the guise of the Sony Vaio Pro 13 and the latest generation MacBook Air. Sony also offers an 11" Vaio Pro with an 11.6" display that's shipping soon, but today we take a look at the Vaio Pro 13" that's available now. The Ultrabook has a full HD Triluminus display with 10 point multi-touch, fourth generation Intel Core i5 and i7 CPUs and Intel HD 4400 graphics. This is an extremely light 13.3" machine that weighs 2.34 lbs., and it's currently the lightest 13" Ultrabook on the market. The 11" model weighs less just 1.94 pounds. The laptop is clad in carbon fiber and it's available in carbon black or silver (we'd choose black for better keyboard contrast). In some countries there's a black model (not carbon black) that lacks a touch screen. Here in the US, we have only the touch screen model that starts at $1,249 for the Core i5 with 4 gigs of RAM and a 128 gig SSD.

As you'd expect from a high end Sony laptop, the Sony Vaio Duo 13 is quality gear with tasteful and understated lines that reveal their Sony Vaio Z heritage. This is no MacBook Air clone, and the notebook has Sony's signature rectilinear design rather than the smooth aluminum, tapered sides of the Air and Asus Zenbook Prime. The carbon fiber by design bends and it isn't incredibly rigid like Asus, Dell and Apple Ultrabooks. Like it or not, it's intentional and it's designed to deflect blows by "going with the flow" and bend rather than break or dent. Having reviewed and owned a few Sony carbon fiber laptops, I don't have a problem with this, but it's somewhat a matter of personal preference. The Vaio Duo Pro starts at $1,249 rather than the more common $999 for a Core i5 Ultrabook, and you're paying for the incredible light weight, slim design, Intel fourth generation Haswell CPU and touch screen. As we predicted, Sony is indeed first to market with a 1920 x 1080 Ultrabook touch screen that's as thin and light as a non-touch screen like that found in the Samsung Series 9 (now called Samsung ATIV Book 9).

The laptop has Intel dual band WiFi with WiDi wireless display, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. There's no need to hunt for the NFC transmitter; Sony wisely placed it under the trackpad rather than somewhere on the back. Here in the US, there's currently no 3G/4G option, nor can you get the machine with the slightly quicker Intel HD 5000 graphics as you can with the high end Sony Vaio Duo 13 configuration.

The Vaio Pro has a very good backlit keyboard that's much improved over the Vaio Z in terms of key travel and tactile feel. Yes, it's an Ultrabook so you won't get deep key travel like that of the Lenovo ThinkPad X230, but I found it very comfortable to type on at length. The oversized glass trackpad is responsive and supports multi-touch gestures. The fairly large palm rest tapers to wafer thin at the front, so the transition from palm rest to table isn't jarring. That said, the front is so thin that if you put a finger underneath the trackpad on the bottom, you can feel the click action on the laptop's underside!

Is performance with Intel's new Haswell CPU and GPU much better than Ivy Bridge? No. But battery life is much improved, and our Core i5 easily ran for 6 hours on it's not very high capacity 4,470 mAh battery. As Sony often does with their higher end machines, they offer a sheet battery for $149 that double runtimes.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Shrey, lol, no need of a touchscreen but it is nice having some cool features uh? :lol!:
Raja, that looks more like a tablet to me. Having an iPad and going for it makes any sense?
I need something that is a good upgrade from the outdated PC and laptop I have at home.

Shrey, lol, no need of a touchscreen but it is nice having some cool features uh? :lol!:
Raja, that looks more like a tablet to me. Having an iPad and going for it makes any sense?
I need something that is a good upgrade from the outdated PC and laptop I have at home.
You asked it must be the best , light weight , touch screen so I posted what fits your requirement .

I don't use windows laptops , I have a windows desktop with me in home . My laptop is MacBook Air and I have iPad too .
In my brief play with windows 8 in the USA I felt windows 8 interface is more fun to use if the device is touch based . ( personal opinion )

The Sony vaio laptops are not tablets , they are full blown computers with haswell chips , made of carbon fiber body , and have touch displays and superb battery life read the reviews from the links I posted .

You can't compare a iPad with a full blown computer .

Thread Starter #9
Raja, what makes me away from most of the ultrabooks is the Intel Graphics.[confused]
And you are right about that tablet and PC thing.
I'm thinking whether there is a need of the GPU(whether to play or not[lol]).
Asus Zenbook Touch is the thing I want but the price is way too high.
BTW everyone please also suggest laptops within the price range of 50K and 60K.

Raja, what makes me away from most of the ultrabooks is the Intel Graphics.[confused]
And you are right about that tablet and PC thing.
I'm thinking whether there is a need of the GPU(whether to play or not[lol]).
Asus Zenbook Touch is the thing I want but the price is way too high.
BTW everyone please also suggest laptops within the price range of 50K and 60K.
The price of laptops are high in general in India . If you are not in hurry wait , because the moment haswell computers will hit the market the current laptops " may " become cheaper .

To be honest with you , last 2 and half years I have not used my laptop too much , its my wife who uses it daily .
All my computing needs are then taken care by the iPad since they are not intensive . They are limited to reading ebooks , a lot of surfing , you tubing , Facebook , tai , emails which the iPad is champion in doing .

Thread Starter #11
Hmm, what made me choose a laptop are:
Portable, exactly like a PC. Game or video or music or anything, a laptop can do much better than a tablet can do.
Web Browsing on tablets(iOS and Android) is horrible. I mean the java script and flash is slow as a nail compared to a Windows powered device. I don't why its still like this.
Photoshop, Lightroom, video editing, all comes great in a laptop. Tablets are nowhere near it.

Obviously, I won't be doing all these all the time, but it comes handy when we are in need of it. Also, I'm not in a hurry at all, even buying can't be predicted(maybe, won't be buying one). I'm thinking whether new things are coming(soon).

Hi Mate,

If your budget is around 70k+ I would suggest you for for Macbook Air/Pro. Its simply the best in terms of reliability, design, performance and looks. Moreover has a immense brand value and sure shot makes heads turn around if you have one! I have used them for sometime and was extremely happy with those machines. Am not precisely sure about the price you might have to stretch your budget slightly more.

Regards
Santosh

The Lenevo ideapad mentioned above has got pretty good reviews. But I suggest you should wait for Haswell powered laptops. How bout the latest haswell powered macbook airs? They're superb.

Btw, any idea when haswell powered laptops will be available in India?

Thread Starter #15
Hi Mate,

If your budget is around 70k+ I would suggest you for for Macbook Air/Pro. Its simply the best in terms of reliability, design, performance and looks. Moreover has a immense brand value and sure shot makes heads turn around if you have one! I have used them for sometime and was extremely happy with those machines. Am not precisely sure about the price you might have to stretch your budget slightly more.

Regards
Santosh
Thanks for your info bro. I'm also interested in that but as I previously said, most of the light awesome products come with only Intel HD 4000 Graphics.

The Lenevo ideapad mentioned above has got pretty good reviews. But I suggest you should wait for Haswell powered laptops. How bout the latest haswell powered macbook airs? They're superb.

Btw, any idea when haswell powered laptops will be available in India?
Still Intel HD 4000. Or it is it.

Why don't you consider Alienware they make the finest gaming computers !
Here is the link
Can you get me the specs of the Alienware that retails in India and it's price?

Top Bottom