Best Home Theater System

Thread Starter #1
Hello Musicheads,

I am looking out for a good home therter system and am getting confused as what to buy. right now i have shortlisted Onkyo 4505 HTIB and would like some suggestions in buying.

Does any one has review of Onkyo 4505 ?

Thread Starter #3
Budget - Around 25-30K

Requirements - a good system to hear , not much of music craze.. jus wanna enjoy movie and music

go for jbl, as the names suggests you can imagine how would be the sound quality as it is a harman kardon company. it comes as 5.1 & is very good system.

go for jbl, as the names suggests you can imagine how would be the sound quality as it is a harman kardon company. it comes as 5.1 & is very good system.
Yes I remember for this Brand Harmon Kardon man of the cinema theaters in dubai had these setup

When you select any model. please check and make sure which does have enough and all type of input options ie Aux,coaxial,optical,Mic.You'll require at least two of each inputs. If not, you can't connect multiple devices like,Computer,DVD,TV, DTH (HD) & IPOD/Mobile in home theater.

I had to replace my Home theater 2 years before(I bought HD DTH) due to lack of coaxial/optical in.

@Deepsraven - Good topic. I would be so eager to indulge.

Firstly, what is your requirement? Are you looking for the Home Theaters with DVD/BD Players or HTIB or a proper Home Theater Set up? If former, you can go with anything that's available in the market. Most of them are same, and a friend of mine have Philips, which is really good for that class. I personally had experienced it.

If HTIB, you will get only entry level systems for the budget you mentioned, but real good ones. For a long time, Onkyo has been running with offers on HT S3400 / 3500 models. They are excellent for an entry level HTIB. I have 3400, got it for 27K and more than happy with that. It's fantastic and VFM for that budget. Alternatively, you may look for Denon & Yamaha which has a models (1312xp & YHT 298 Resp.) for the same budget.

AFAIK, a proper home theater set up wouldn't be possible for this budget. You may have to buy the AV Receiver, Pre Amp, Speakers, Wires, BD/DVD etc. separately in mix & match fashion and set it up with help of enthus / experts.

You may check Forums like Hifivision for more options and this thread may be helpful for you to do a quick comparison (Onkyo HTS 3500 vs Denon DHT 1312 XP).

Moreover, what's that you will use it for? Movies or Music? If Music, of what kind? The answer to this could be one key factor to choose from options.

The best way to choose one is to walk in to the shops for a Demo and listen to various genres and movies. Onkyo has various show rooms in Bangalore (Onkyo India) where you can comfortably take your own time and checkout. Reliance Digital was running various offers on these HTIBs, and I have a good contact with the Sales Guy in their Kamanahalli showroom. Let me know if you need any help in negotiations.

Welcome for more details and suggestions.

Thread Starter #11
Hi Figoian, - Good to see your texts. am looking out fr HTIB as i already have bluray player with me..

If HTIB, you will get only entry level systems for the budget you mentioned, but real good ones. For a long time, Onkyo has been running with offers on HT S3400 / 3500 models. They are excellent for an entry level HTIB. I have 3400, got it for 27K and more than happy with that. It's fantastic and VFM for that budget. Alternatively, you may look for Denon & Yamaha which has a models (1312xp & YHT 298 Resp.) for the same budget.
How much did you paid for 3400 and where..?

i did a through research in internet (even Hifivision, etc) and shortlisted to try for Onkyo 4505. my requirement is basically for music (any) and movies . am not much of a music crazy guy who is for a hifi music setup but want a good set up which plays well and matches to the performance of high end setups.

Do offers still there in reliance digital ? please share the contact details of the sales guy in kammanahalli branch, would like to interact . (i missed reliance digital in my search.)

Hi Figoian, - Good to see your texts. am looking out fr HTIB as i already have bluray player with me..

How much did you paid for 3400 and where..?
Great. HTIB is the best option. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I got it from Reliance for 27K.

i did a through research in internet (even Hifivision, etc) and shortlisted to try for Onkyo 4505. my requirement is basically for music (any) and movies . am not much of a music crazy guy who is for a hifi music setup but want a good set up which plays well and matches to the performance of high end setups.

Do offers still there in reliance digital ? please share the contact details of the sales guy in kammanahalli branch, would like to interact . (i missed reliance digital in my search.)
Onkyo is a brand you can blindly go for in this category. [thumbsup]

I don't know about 4505, but just glanced the specs in the site. Appears to be good and it's got Active Sub-Woofer (Powered), which is a miss in mine (3400). I feel, this set up would be definitely more than what you would want. You had a demo?

I don't remember seeing any offers with Reliance of late, maybe because I don't have a need for it now [;)]. They advertise in the paper, especially on weekends. Or just walk in to any Reliance outlet and check out the offers. Else, you may have to wait till Aug 15th for better offers.

Check with Modern Electronics, who is also an official dealer of Onkyo. They also run offers and when I bought it, both them and Reliance were at par with rates.

The sales guy in Reliance was Pramod (7795044436). I don't know would he remember me, but for sure if I meet him in person. He is quite knowledgeable and can discuss for better rates and discounts as well.

How I finalized is, walked in to Onkyo Showrooms for Demo couple of times, took my own sweet time to take the demo with various genres. Finalized the model and went to Reliance to buy with better bargain. The Onkyo showroom guys won't give you better deal unless anything such is given by the company itself. I would suggest the same to you as well.

Thread Starter #13
Ya , i did thorough R&D on this and shortlisted 4505 so that if required i can upgrade later with other speakers. it has active subwoofer which is a plus and USB too.i checked reliance site and it has only 3400 , no any other models of Onkyo.
Well thanks for the contact, and as you did i also will follow the same route , take demo @ Onkyo showroom and check price in reliance or any other outlet for better deal and then go fr purchase.

Ya , i did thorough R&D on this and shortlisted 4505 so that if required i can upgrade later with other speakers. it has active subwoofer which is a plus and USB too.i checked reliance site and it has only 3400 , no any other models of Onkyo.
Well thanks for the contact, and as you did i also will follow the same route , take demo @ Onkyo showroom and check price in reliance or any other outlet for better deal and then go fr purchase.
Great. Keep the thread updated.

Is there a way i can have a wireless solution put in place for my wired home theater rear speakers ?
I am ok even if its powered and may be a bluetooth transmitter(or wifi streaming) at one end and a receiver at the speaker end which can then wire up to the speakers.Please note i am not looking for wireless speakers but looking to unwire my wired world.

Last edited:

Top Bottom