Xolo or Micromax

Thread Starter #1
Its android again for wife that i will be buying today evening.
In the range of 10 to 13K the best handsets available were from xolo Q800 and Q1000, with same hardware and processors with 1.2Ghz quadcore of 4.5" and 5" while another ones were from micromax Canvas 2 Plus and Canvas HD.
Its tobe decided today evening itself cause her old samsung wave handset is tobe exchanged against the new handset so please do lemme know which would be the better handset and brand to go for.
As for the looks and features, built up quality, screen everything i loved the Xolo series much more then micromax which looked very filmsy compared to xolo, but as an product it surely is damn good in that price range.My cousin got canvas 2 plus yesterday for himself, but found that size too big for her to comfort, still would be taking her along by evening to decide and buy, so please help me out.:help:

Thread Starter #3
the service centre for both the companies are available at my city for micromax as well as xolo.

None...instead wait a month and get Xperia M it will be available in both single and Dual sim far better than those cheap phone

I would suggest Micromax as many people are happy with their mobiles. XOLO is less sold mobiles compared to Micromax. So, you may not get updates from XOLO. For me, I did not get a single update after 2.3 from Dell as they stopped production of Streak. Later went for custom rom from xda and made it look like ICS. I think XOLO build quality is better than Micromax.

As mentioned by Shrey the phones might be fine but service centre are bad my sis has/had a micromax tab and it developed issues from the 2nd month upon taking to the service centre they refuse to acknowledge the warranty even after showing the bill, onvoice and warranty after a heated argument they accept the tab and it has been months since I have seen the tab repeated visits, phone calls, emails and even attempts to contact the HQ have been in vain.
Xolo phone well again a friend had a xolo phone dont know the number it developed some problem by the 1st month and he called and gave to the service. Who said there was 'liquid damage'! he got it back from them and got it fixed from the roadside shop in 1 hour at the cost of some 200-300 bucks turns out some connector was faulty.

The crux being while these brands might make decent phones the service and backup is a HUGE Question. I would suggest you invest in a branded company like Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc.

Thread Starter #13
This was exact my dilema as well, yesterday we went to check both these brands and after playing around with few of the handsets we still felt why not wait a month more and get better handset and may expand 2-3 grands as well.
My wifes Samsung Wave slider handset havent faced any single issue till date and thats what we wanted, good reliable and not just low pricing handset for longer use as if anything occurs which m not saying may not in samsung,lg,sony brands but ill have to run across service centre to get it repaired.
So no micromax or xolo as of now, we are waiting for the Xperia M to launch, see its pricing and decide which one we might go for.
Thankyou guys for the support, will update you as we finalise the handset or if shortlisted by going a bit higher in range.

This was exact my dilema as well, yesterday we went to check both these brands and after playing around with few of the handsets we still felt why not wait a month more and get better handset and may expand 2-3 grands as well.
My wifes Samsung Wave slider handset havent faced any single issue till date and thats what we wanted, good reliable and not just low pricing handset for longer use as if anything occurs which m not saying may not in samsung,lg,sony brands but ill have to run across service centre to get it repaired.
So no micromax or xolo as of now, we are waiting for the Xperia M to launch, see its pricing and decide which one we might go for.
Thankyou guys for the support, will update you as we finalise the handset or if shortlisted by going a bit higher in range.
Xperia M is stripped down version of Xperia L it will be under 15K AFAIK. If you don't want to wait just add 2K bucks and get Xperia L.
And please don't choose any samsung in this range as they crap hardware that will not be able to play temple run and HD videos.

Thread Starter #15
Its for my wife sir so the usage is limited to FB,wattsapp, videos on occassions and social sites at times.
Camera she would be using regularly so looking for that clarity of pictures.
No games would be downloaded and played.
Still i know sammy has crap hardware in this price range and m not even looking at it.

Top Bottom