UPS Batteries Required

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I do not know whether this thread qualifies here or not

I am looking to buy batteries for my office UPS

Which is a ENERGY make and capacity 2KV

I am looking for 150 AH - 2Nos. batteries to have a fair back up of 5 to 6 hours at least.

I have enquired in the market and found following brands

Exide
SF Sonic
Tata Green
Sukam
Okaya

All these are ranging between Rs.10k to 13k for each battery and they claim a back up of 8 hours minimum

Also found few Tubular batteries which give more back up of 10 to 12 hours and costing around 15K

Now I need your suggestions on the brand to go with and what type battery is better and should be maintenance free

I have not enquired about following brands yet

Amaron
Powerzone
Lluminous
Emerson

Tubular batteries are obviously better as they require very less to almost negligible maintenance. Yes, they are costly but more safer as the harmful gases are much more contained in case of tubular ones. I'd prefer Exide and SF as I have used them both for our earlier home invertor.

Thread Starter #4
Yes, they are costly but more safer as the harmful gases are much more contained in case of tubular ones
@FD, I am bit confused with this statement, please clarify

I have to use them for the office UPS

I meant the regular non-tubular batteries do emit the gases as there is nothing to hold them off, where as in tubular batteries these gases don't escape out of the casing.

Friends,

Now I need your suggestions on the brand to go with and what type battery is better and should be maintenance free
Check for a brand called AMCO we have been using it in our office and House, and they really last long, really long mate [;)]

Maintenance is just checking on the distilled water

Last edited:

Top Bottom