Micromax Canvas 3D

Thread Starter #1
Micromax Canvas 3D shows up online with rumoured specs

After pictures of the Micromax A115 Canvas 3D were leaked on the internet, we now have a more solid look at the handset. The phone is now listed on online shopping website Saholic, with the price and launch date being listed as "Coming Soon!" Thanks to the listing, we also have a more concrete look at the specifications of the handset.

The handset is speculated to have a 5-inch display with a WVGA resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. The screen is said to be able to display 3D images and videos. The smartphone will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box and will be powered by a 1GHz dual-core processor along with 1GB of RAM. There is no information about the battery of the handset, and as a result, we don't know the effects the 3D display will have on the battery life.

Other speculated features include an 8 megapixel camera, a 2 megapixel front-facing camera, 4GB of internal memory, and a microSD slot to expand the memory up to 32GB.

In terms of appearances, the phone seems to have a rather plain look to it. It will have three capacitive buttons below the screen, namely the Menu, Home and Back keys. You can also make out the front-facing camera next to the earpiece.

The problem with the Saholic listing is that even the website states that the information is from an unconfirmed source. As is usual for rumours like this, it is best to take them with a pinch of salt.

The last smartphone in the Canvas lineup, dubbed the Canvas HD, has been wildly popular; Micromax sold 9,000 units on the first day of its launch. The handset was easily one of the most awaited products to launch in India this year and the early healthy sales indicate that the combination of high-end specs and a sumptuous low price has worked for the company. Micromax had claimed the Rs 13,990 handset was being booked at a pace of 25 units per minute.

The Canvas HD has a quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor and 1GB of RAM. The phone launched with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and an update to Android 4.2 is expected to come soon.

Other specs of the Canvas HD include:

5-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot
GPS with GLONASS and A-GPS
Bluetooth with A2DP
8MP rear camera with LED flash, and VGA front camera
4GB of internal storage and supports microSD card up to 32GB

Micromax Canvas 3D shows up online with rumoured specs

Attachments

whats the point of making MTK chip's phones when mediatek is not able to handle this much of orders from world wide??
many company like mmx, umi , gionee etc are launching thair MTK based phones but none of them are reaching market due to mediatek's poor production speed.

i am searching some 4" - 4.5" size with snapdragon & PowerVR (coz, adreno sux) and 1 GB ram. now i don't want to trust any phone with mtk as they are only good on launch.

Companies like samsung ,htc prevent selling the snapdragon processors to newer players.

So the late entrants can all do is manage what they can get from the mediatek chipset.

How is this phone. Anybody is using in our forum who can give real time experience about this.I am more concern towards the network connectivity and GPS functionality . I use them a lot in my current phone Samsung Galaxy(near 3 years old). But still I am happy with the performance.

Thread Starter #6
Micromax A115 Canvas 3D launched for Rs. 9,999 with glasses-free 3D display

After the A116 Canvas HD, the Canvas 2 A110, Canvas Viva A72, and the Canvas A100, Micromax is introducing a fourth member to the Canvas family. Christened the A115 Canvas 3D, the device boasts of an autostereoscopic 3D display. The Canvas 3D is priced at Rs. 9,999 and will be available form the first week of May.

Just like the Canvas HD and the A110, the Canvas 3D has a 5-inch display. The A115 also houses a 1GHz dual-core processor, and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The rear has a 5MP camera and the front has a 0.3MP camera for video calling. A 2000mAh battery powers the smartphone and Micromax claims that the device will last for up to 4.5 hours of talk time. The smartphone also supports Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and expandable storage up to 32GB via a microSD card. The RAM and built in storage isn’t known.

Being a 3D smartphone, Micromax claims that users won’t need to wear 3D glasses to consume content on the smartphone. Users will have access to “Micromax 3D Space” giving them access to 3D videos and 3D games.

This isn’t the first time that we have seen a 3D smartphone. We have had the LG Optimus 3D and the HTC Evo 3D hit store shelves in India. The two smartphones were premium priced and boasted of glasses free 3D displays and dual rear cameras for clicking 3D images. Both the smartphones failed to catch any market attention. We have also seen some budget smartphones take a shot at 3D displays but all in vain.

How the 3D display of the Canvas 3D performs is something we will comment on once we have our hands on the smartphone. Up till now there is only one device that has given us an accurate picture of depth perception without the use of 3D glasses and that is the Nintendo 3DS. The hand held gaming console is the closest we have come to having a great glasses free 3D experience. On other devices, especially the previously launched 3D smartphones, the experience has been mostly gimmicky.

Micromax has been on roll launching budget devices in India and making a name for it self. Recently, Micromax claimed that it has sold over 1 million Canvas devices. But all hasn’t been well for the budget smartphone king. Recently Ericsson sued Micromax for infringing patents pertaining to 2G and 3G wireless technologies.

The Canvas HD, Canvas A116 and the Canvas Viva A72 have been successful budget smartphones in their respective price brackets. Will this winning streak continue with the Canvas 3D, or will the smartphone crash and burn? Stay tuned, as we will bring you the complete showdown when we get our hands on the Micromax A115 Canvas 3D.

Micromax A115 Canvas 3D launched for Rs. 9,999 with glasses-free 3D display - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

How is this phone. Anybody is using in our forum who can give real time experience about this.I am more concern towards the network connectivity and GPS functionality . I use them a lot in my current phone Samsung Galaxy(near 3 years old). But still I am happy with the performance.
Hi I am using canvas 2 HD since last 1 month.
It is very good - total VFM.
Super fast gaming, net browsing , good camera.
Battery is also good.

Only disadvantage is see is low internal memory 1.7 GB and phone speakers are bad.

Hi I am using canvas 2 HD since last 1 month.
It is very good - total VFM.
Super fast gaming, net browsing , good camera.
Battery is also good.

Only disadvantage is see is low internal memory 1.7 GB and phone speakers are bad.
Thanks Surfer, I have one question, dose this phone is good with Google map and Navigation system ? If you could give some info on this, it will be great.

Thanks Surfer, I have one question, dose this phone is good with Google map and Navigation system ? If you could give some info on this, it will be great.
I have used maps they work good.But I haven't tried navigation yet.

had bought the canvas 2 A110 for my sister and used it for navigation using sygic and it worked very well.
Just for the navigation point of view.
Other than that the phones has seen very less of the stock rom and has been more on custom roms and in that aspect it has been very good on the performance front.

The other colleagues who used their androids on stock rom were impressed with the punch the canvas phone packs.

Last edited:

Top Bottom