All About Windows: News & Discussions

Thread Starter #1
Last edited:
Re: Which is a better option among Lumia 720 / 820

Why they going back to 217 ppi pixel density when 620 having 246 . Samsung got way high 441 (s4) and iphone 326 ppi. (It mostly affect only when taking prints on higher resolution, zooming too much).

2000mAh battery is a plus for 720
A better processor for 820 with 1080p video record (if you are fan of video recording).

EDIT :-

No one will say their phone is bad unless they get problem for more than once.
You can read that 'Suggest a phone under 15K thread' started by Gurrala74 for more.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Which is a Better Option Among Lumia 720 / 820?

this really is a tough choice [:D]

720 over 820
better GPU
better secondary Camera ( useless if you don't like video calling )

820 over 720
better processor.
More RAM
More MP camera and 1080p video recording.

i'll say go for the lumia 820 , better hardware = more future proof. you can buy it around 24.5k.

and i think 720 will be launched near 20k , 5000 rupees price difference.

and the most important thing - tell us what you want from your phone , what you'll be doing most of the times

Why they going back to 217 ppi pixel density when 620 having 246 . Samsung got way high 441 (s4) and iphone 326 ppi. (It mostly affect only when taking prints on higher resolution, zooming too much).

2000mAh battery is a plus for 720
A better processor for 820 with 1080p video record (if you are fan of video recording).

EDIT :-

No one will say their phone is bad unless they get problem for more than once.
You can read that 'Suggest a phone under 15K thread' started by Gurrala74 for more.
all the 3 phones have 480x800 pixels screen resolution , keep increasing the screen size and the ppi will decrease.

and he's talking about mid end phone so why are you comparing it with s4.[:D]

Hello to all fellow TAIns.

I need suggestions on which would be a better option among Lumia 820 (already released and priced at 25k) & Lumia 720 (to be released with price around 19k)

For reference, you may see the comparison

Nokia Lumia 720 vs. Nokia Lumia 820 - GSMArena.com

Nokia Lumia 720, Lumia 520, 301, 105 hands-on: First look - GSMArena.com

Lumia 820 owners could throw some light on their experience.
Our member codenamed47 recently 2 days back bought a lumia 820 he is the right person to help you out .

@AHC,
Compared 620 and 820. 620 got a better ppi than 820/720. I was pointing that. Sorry if you found that way

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

620 has better ppi because screen size is smaller than the 720 and 820. 3.8" vs 4.3".
And why are you apologising, it's a discussion [:)]

Thread Starter #8

and the most important thing - tell us what you want from your phone , what you'll be doing most of the times
I've been using E6 since July 2011. The only con of the phone is smaller screen size.

Pros, quality of pics / video from its 8MP cam is amazing. Even my wife's Xperia Neo couldnt click such quality pics.

So, to shorten it up, am planning for a change for a larger screen. Though i would still prefer a qwerty keypad over touch, but one needs to compromise something to get the other.

Camera (front & back), social networking, gaming to an extent, good user interface and shell life is what am looking for.

And i like to own a phone which not every other person in town would be behind! Feels good that way [glasses]. This has always been my way of selecting a phone from the early days. Nokia 3100 ---> Nokia 6230i ---> Motorola MotoRockr ---> Nokia E6

That was the reason to get s4 here as it is 5". Bigger size, better ppi do not applicable for nokia ?
I dont like Samsung smart phones. All looks the same, be it 10k or 50k. And have heard my friends / colleagues complaining about its touch going kaput after a year or so.

I've been using E6 since July 2011. The only con of the phone is smaller screen size.

Pros, quality of pics / video from its 8MP cam is amazing. Even my wife's Xperia Neo couldnt click such quality pics.

So, to shorten it up, am planning for a change for a larger screen. Though i would still prefer a qwerty keypad over touch, but one needs to compromise something to get the other.

Camera (front & back), social networking, gaming to an extent, good user interface and shell life is what am looking for.

And i like to own a phone which not every other person in town would be behind! Feels good that way [glasses]. This has always been my way of selecting a phone from the early days. Nokia 3100 ---> Nokia 6230i ---> Motorola MotoRockr ---> Nokia E6

I dont like Samsung smart phones. All looks the same, be it 10k or 50k. And have heard my friends / colleagues complaining about its touch going kaput after a year or so.
Go for the 720 then . It will launch in second week of April for max to max 20,000 rs .

@bReeze AkA brIo
Nice to see someone going against Samsung. I do not have any Samsung SMART phone. I also like to be different :)

I had 3350, 6230i. Later a Samsung dual sim B5722 (I still believe one of the best phone with actual dual sim capabilities). Then Dell STREAK (Still love it with customized ROM).

She is currently having HTC Wildfire - Basic phone.

Not a fan of Samsung. But a fan of their innovation , technologies they bring out. They copies from others and make it better than the original. [:)]

Love to see NOKIA getting the no.1 slot back which they were holding for long time !

Last edited:

@bReeze AkA brIo
Nice to see someone going against Samsung. I do not have any Samsung SMART phone. I also like to be different :)

I had 3350, 6230i. Later a Samsung dual sim B5722 (I still believe one of the best phone with actual dual sim capabilities). Then Dell STREAK (Still love it with customized ROM).

She is currently having HTC Wildfire - Basic phone.

Not a fan of Samsung. But a fan of their innovation , technologies they bring out. They copies from others and make it better than the original. [:)]

Love to see NOKIA getting the no.1 slot back which they were holding for long time !
OT - how can be samsung innovative if they copy from others ?

What I meant was, not copying part by part. Like, iphone was giving the best ppi and clearest display initially. Later, samsung came up with a better ppi and display. They got a dedicated graphics now. They see this on others and do it themselves.
Like how Hyundai copies from Maruti. Instead of Alto, they made EON. (I do not know whether it is called copying- Like bollywood, can use the term - Inspired from)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

@bReeze AkA brIo
I do have a Samsung dual sim phone (dont remember the model number though) which is just to keep hometown number active.

Motorockr, i still have it and use it as an ipod. The only problem it had was call lag. Phone used to hang once a call comes, and would come as missed call. And hence i was compelled to buy a new phone and bought E6 [:D].

They copy somebody's innovations, make it better and it becomes Samsung's Innovation.

Hello to all fellow TAIns.

I need suggestions on which would be a better option among Lumia 820 (already released and priced at 25k) & Lumia 720 (to be released with price around 19k)

For reference, you may see the comparison

Nokia Lumia 720 vs. Nokia Lumia 820 - GSMArena.com

Nokia Lumia 720, Lumia 520, 301, 105 hands-on: First look - GSMArena.com

Lumia 820 owners could throw some light on their experience.
Hi bReeze AkA brIo,

Have you ever experienced Windows Phone 8 O.S?

If you are comfortabble with WP8 then only go for Lumia series phones. IMHO IOS in iphones still has the best refined OS by which it uses the lowest resources to run a app. iphones are very costly mind you. Android O.S is very resource intensive and very unrefined. it takes double the resources for running a app than what IOS will utilize. But you have a lot of options of phones using Android OS. Speaking about WP8 it pretty much is an excellent OS but the number of apps available in microsoft is very limited compared to Android/IOS.

Regards,
Sankar

Lumia 820 is better choice for dual-core krait SoC, AMOLED display, 1GB RAM, 1080P video recording with image stabilization. I think for limited memory lumia 720 is overpriced smartphone.

620 has better ppi because screen size is smaller than the 720 and 820. 3.8" vs 4.3".
And why are you apologising, it's a discussion [:)]
820 has a AMOLED screen so color reproduction will be better than the rest.
iphone display so called retina is supplied by LG and Samsung.

That was the reason to get s4 here as it is 5". Bigger size, better ppi do not applicable for nokia ?
One question why you're comparing Lumia 620,720, and 820 with Samsung Galaxy S4??
620 costs-15K
720 will be- 19K
820- 24K
and S4 will be 45K
Another question do we need 1080P resolution and 8 cores processor in a mobile device? and after 217 ppi is enough for normal end user.
And Bigger size pita to carry as well.
Cheers

Last edited:

Top Bottom