Will TV Tuners Work After Digitalization of Cable TV?

Thread Starter #1
From the past few days while watching TV I came across an advertisement saying that tv sets without set top boxes will be unable to receive signals. All Cable TV customers are advised to install a set top box before 31st March.

I have purchased the STB for my TV but I also have a Pinnacle Internal TV tuner in my PC. In the STB there is a view card. (Which in future will store the balance and user details)
If digital signal is broadcasted after 31st March. Will the internal/external TV tuners be able to work ?? As there's no view card or CATV operator's software in the TV Tuners.

Re: Will PC TV Tuners work after digitalization of Cable TV

From the past few days while watching TV I came across an advertisement saying that tv sets without set top boxes will be unable to receive signals. All Cable TV customers are advised to install a set top box before 31st March.

I have purchased the STB for my TV but I also have a Pinnacle Internal TV tuner in my PC. In the STB there is a view card. (Which in future will store the balance and user details)
If digital signal is broadcasted after 31st March. Will the internal/external TV tuners be able to work ?? As there's no view card or CATV operator's software in the TV Tuners.
Yes , as even my cousin has got a TV tuner card UMAX, which gets the connection through STB.

He has also installed software TV Home Media 3, which might be a program information display.

If you have a tv tuner card where you need to connect the RF Cable (The direct cable), it wont work.
If you have an Audio / Video input (Red/White and Yellow), then you can connect the input from STB and you will be able to watch it on the tv. Remember:- You have to use STB Remote. Because you will not be able to scan. You will be watching thru Video mode

Don't know about this, but yes, one can't run 2 or more TV with single connection now. [lol]

Thread Starter #5

My tv tuner does not have any Digital AV input. It uses analog input. I think some jugaad will surely come for this. Some STB emulator software [;)]

Why not? I am using Tata Sky HD via 2 methods -
1. Direct HDMi cable from STB to my LCD Monitor
2. RC Audio/Video Cable from STB to internal PC AverMedia TV Tuner

So when PC is off, monitor gets signal via HDMI cable, and when PC is on then I watch via TV Tuner route with AverMedia TV tuner software. Any TV Tuner software will provide 3 options in TV section - Analog, Composite & S-Video. Chose composite and it will work. I have most basic model of AverMedia TV tuner, this method allows me to record programs on PC too.

Last edited:
Connection through RF cable will work, considering the STB has RF output. Channel changing would be through the STB only.

Top Bottom