UMI Mobiles Foray To India at Unbelievable Specs & Price

Thread Starter #1
Since past few weeks there is lot of buzz regarding Reputed Chinese manufacturers making foray into India.The most important aspect about these devices is its high end specs with low end prices.I was waiting for meizu/xiaomi/oppo hope they are lined up as well.Meanwhile here is the link for the umi x2 which is making buzz Buy Umi X2 Quadcore • Umi Mobiles India

Re: UMI mobiles making foray into India,unbelievable specs with unbelievable price!

is this reliable? the specs are great but what about guarantee of the product? I went thru the order process. here are my observations:

1. Well they do not have online payment enabled, nor they have Cash on Delivery.
2. Just one Mobile no. for any assistance.
3. The entire web site looks pretty naive.
4. Not much of details, eg: Contact us has only one email and one India Mobile no. No address.

Dont know how Authentic they are. It all seems to be spooky. It way well be a very good phone but, at the face of it, they (UMI) seem to be a spooky company. I get an impression of enchance version of classic Nigerian Scamsters. ( Imight be completely wrong but that is what I feel)

Thread Starter #4
Re: UMI mobiles making foray into India,unbelievable specs with unbelievable price!

@vickyjoshi They are not that spooky,chk out the link below for more details
Umimobile

They are yet to setup shops here.
So think of it as products without warranty.

Thread Starter #6

They are opening stores prior launch and has one year replaceable warranty as well.

UPDATE! Top 15 1080HD Android phones from China!

1080 HD, quad-core, these are the specifications Android phone enthusiasts are demanding for 2013, and no other market is on the cutting side of leading edge than China! Keep reading for Gizchina’s top 15 1080HD Android phones from China!

Top 15 1080HD Android phones from China! - Gizchina.com

It look's good and comes with a decent specs too, but how many of us will part with our money for an unknown Chinese brand ?

It isn't a reliable website I guess. There are many other sites like this too. Vikyjoshi is correct.

Well I agree that, UMI have yet to set up shop over here in india, they are in initial stage but, If I deposit the money in the bank account they mentioned or do a NEFT transfer into a bank account. What if I dont get the product? How can raise a charge back?
All I have is a mobile no and an email address to resolve my queries. This is some thing which personally I am not so comfortable with. Yes the phone specs are really good. But is that what I am going to get? Well i might get the product delievered on time. But will it work?
As a personal experience:
I have already wasted around 80K buying from direct Chinese manufacturers. The 3 tabs i purchased were different specs that what was shown on website. And one was beautiful piece, had no issues what so ever but suddenly one fine day it simply stopped work. it was around 6 months after purchase date.

Top Bottom