Suggest Me An Awesome Phone.

Thread Starter #1
I hope similar thread doesnt exist if so please direct .

I am looking for a good phone with following preference

1. good pdf reader,it should be smooth enough to scroll 100+ mb files
2.smooth office applications like word and excel
3.Voip ,skype with video
4.pocket friendly
5.good battery .
6.Ofcourse smooth internet (TAI)

Present phone is Nokia e-7.00 .This phone disappoints me all except battery and pocket friendliness.other than wasting few pounds on pdf reader apps I feel it is time I switch to another better one.

Your advice please. please note budget is below 30grands

I would go for note2 for its awesome innovative design. But, if pocket friendliness is a concern then look at lumia 920. Both these phones are above you budget but, worth it, especially note2.
Also have a look at htc one X.

Regarding pdf, i think these phones can handle large pdfs. But, still for confirmation you can try to transfer a pdf to any demo phone.

And yeah note2 has a killer battery with 35 hr 2g talktime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope similar thread doesnt exist if so please direct .

I am looking for a good phone with following preference

1. good pdf reader,it should be smooth enough to scroll 100+ mb files
2.smooth office applications like word and excel
3.Voip ,skype with video
4.pocket friendly
5.good battery .
6.Ofcourse smooth internet (TAI)

Present phone is Nokia e-7.00 .This phone disappoints me all except battery and pocket friendliness.other than wasting few pounds on pdf reader apps I feel it is time I switch to another better one.

Your advice please. please note budget is below 30grands
Nokia lumia 920

Office , Skype , Facebook is all integrated in the os itself plus superb camera tech , beautiful screen and solid hardware .

Today whole day I posted on tai from my phone . When you come to India play with it , note 2 , iPhone 4S or 5 and then take a call .

Infact for your requirements a cheaper nokia 820 will be suffice too .

My suggestions for this phone cones only after reading your priority which you have listed .

If you can get a lumia 822, nothing like it.
It is cheap.
Packs more than a punch with its hardware.
It is future proof (4G )
display size is decent enough.
You can bid for it on ebay where it can be had for around 10k to 15k.
For that money what you get is comparable to a phone in a lumia series worth 25k+.
Only risk factor would be the absence of warranty. But then the price difference is worth that risk.

If you do not intend to take that risk, anything between an 820 to a 920 in the nokias and the note2 among the droids is for you.

Definitely it's the 80 or the 920. If you have the budget for 920, go get today itself. It's a super phone, got by reviews.

Apart from the one x, nothing from the HTC will sound awesome.
Look for lumia in your price range.
Else S3 or the note2.

zengetz

Suspended
Jayadev, Im picking up an Xperia S later on today. Simply superb - You will love the camera too. I tried my hands on the sweep panaroma function last night at the reliance store and I'm sold.

The price I was quoted is 25,999 - NFC tags not included.

Try checking out a few videos on Youtube. Im sure you will love it! Ebay is selling it for about 21k but the trade off is that it comes with 'dealer warranty' as the phones are imported.

Thread Starter #12
Zengetz ,I am apprehensive about sony service at my hometown, there is none I am afraid same as HTC.
It is Either Samsung or Nokia for me as of now.

BTW What is a Micromax -chinese?

Zengetz ,I am apprehensive about sony service at my hometown, there is none I am afraid same as HTC.

It is indian .

Even if you love playing games , the lumia phones will be great because it has Xbox live in them .

Go for the lumia 820
4.3 amoled screen , 8 meg camera , office , xboxlive , Facebook , twitter and Skype integrated in os , superb touch and fluidity .

Or try the s3 samsung .

Lumia 820 (it was my choice) or Galxy S3 (using now). Both have pleased me much. But just for the sake of gaming I have bought S3. Does not means that Windows store dont have games, it is still growing. Battery becomes low in a day on S3 (this is first hand review from me). I was playing games, Wi-Fi, mobile internet. Whataspp. Tai. etc. Not sure about Lumia. I played game for 45 minutes onslaught while traveling in train yesterday. Sorry I mean 45 minutes one way. and other 45 minutes while returning. And today morning 12% battery was left. Charged it fully today morning 10 AM. Now battery is showing 88%. just decent use and bit of surfing and paying games.

micromax is just branding company.
They order a phone from a company and put it their brand tag and ship those phone to the consumer.
Same model will available all over the world with different brand names.
In europe a micromax canvas 2 is sold as cynix something.
Something or other name in different country.
They have their snob value for the VFM they provide with the hardware.

If you are the one who is interested in rooting the OS OR using custom ROMs then you can look into them.
Else do not bother.

Top Bottom