Budget Graphics Card To Play New Games

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Intel I3 2100 and 4gb ram. I am currently running a Nvidia 8400GS. However, currently most games do no support this graphics card. I was looking to play Formula 1 2012 and Assasin Creed 3, but none of them work.

Which graphics card can i go for? Im not looking to spend more than Rs. 5000. Please let me know if there are any budget GPUs in this range which will be good to play new games for the next 1-1 1/2 years.

Thank you,

im using ati 4650 1gb for 3000/- and im able to play pretty much all games at 1280*960 or something like that
my system is lenovo 3000 q series and here's the config
processor = intel pentium d
motherboard= intel 945
RAM = 2 gb
graphics card = ati 4650 1 gb

games played by me with graphics card
1) NFS shift
2) GTA 4
3) burnout paradise
4) GTA SA (with and without grahics card)
but i would say the games you can play with this graphics card is limited , i would suggest you to go for ATi 5000 series the ones with DDR3 memory so that you can play games that are going to launch in future . But what ever graphics card you buy read some reviews about it

1 st question : what make and wattage is your PSU (SMPS)

regarding your answer you need to up your budget upto 6.8k for decnt gaming. that on 720p resolution gaming without any stutters.

higher the resolution more the power of the GPU needed.

in that budget I think an AMD(ATI) HD7750 should suffice.

else look for a 6670 DDR5 GPU if available.

Under 5K, you better buy nothing as you should atleast pay 7K for a minimum Graphic card,

I see you are from Bangalore, I suggest you buy second hand used GPU, 5k is decent budget and you will get good midrange GPU with decent warranty left. You can check online market on forums like Techenclave/Erodov etc.

Otherwise it's wastage of money, Both AMD/ATI and Nvidia keep selling old slow cards with 'renamed' line-up each year. eg. Your 8400GS must be 9400GS today? Under 5k is meant for HTPC usage etc.

Buy ASUS GTX 550 TI Worth RS 8000 , it is the best for a GFX card . you may want to forget buying a GFX card for atleast 3 years from now..

it can play any game in the market today , and games like battlefield , Crysis , Assassin's Creed can be played at Ultra Mode ( Highest Graphics Settings of the game ) With this GFX Card. this Card is the most VFM card in the market today .

Happy Gaming .
J

Thread Starter #8
I see you are from Bangalore, I suggest you buy second hand used GPU, 5k is decent budget and you will get good midrange GPU with decent warranty left. You can check online market on forums like Techenclave/Erodov etc.

Otherwise it's wastage of money, Both AMD/ATI and Nvidia keep selling old slow cards with 'renamed' line-up each year. eg. Your 8400GS must be 9400GS today? Under 5k is meant for HTPC usage etc.
Thanks will check it out. I guess the way to go is to up my budget and get a good card.

Buy ASUS GTX 550 TI Worth RS 8000 , it is the best for a GFX card . you may want to forget buying a GFX card for atleast 3 years from now..

it can play any game in the market today , and games like battlefield , Crysis , Assassin's Creed can be played at Ultra Mode ( Highest Graphics Settings of the game ) With this GFX Card. this Card is the most VFM card in the market today .

Happy Gaming .
J
Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Bottom