Huawei v/s Micromax !

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i want to purchase a new phone in february and i'll be using it for 4-5 months until sony launches the Xperia Z in india.
i don't think it'll be launched before june [sad]

so what i'm looking for.

budget - maximum 15000 rupees.
Screen size - atleast 4"
OS - Android
Ram - atleast 512 mb
Processor - atleast 1 Ghz dual-core.
Camera - 5MP-8MP

i don't want to buy any HTC or a samsung , i just hate those companies. so i'm talking a chance to try the underdogs in the market.

micromax and huawei.

micromax will launch their canvas HD in february , it'll have a quad core processor , well i'll just say everything that i need but then the micromax brand [confused] http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/gadgets-more/11259-micromax-a116-canvas-hd.html

on the other hand it's huawei. i saw the ascend g600 which is good for it's price. Huawei Ascend G600 - Full phone specifications

so i require your inputs , which phone to buy or maybe if there is some other phone you can recommend.

I bet you'll be happy with Micromax A116. No more doubts, just get it when it releases!
If you are too concerned about the brand image, go with the Huawei.
Note that both the phones use a Mediatek processor, which is a better one in Micromax.

Thread Starter #6

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Go for micromax A116 you wont regret . The best of the two .
thanks for the suggestion , but really what is written on paper is not always the truth.

i want to know as to why these are offered at very low prices.

I bet you'll be happy with Micromax A116. No more doubts, just get it when it releases!
If you are too concerned about the brand image, go with the Huawei.
Note that both the phones use a Mediatek processor, which is a better one in Micromax.
thanks edios. this was really helpful. i wanted to know about processors [:)] i don't want brand or anything , i just want to know what actually is inside in these phones.

if you or someone can explain these in layman terms it'd be really helpful.

also , i read these have low GPU etc etc. so what all i'll be compromising if compared to snapdragon and or any other processors.

Thread Starter #8

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
that can't be the sole reason. obviously these are using low end hardware. but i don't want too low [:D]

well data cards is a product line with so many other products and services as well.

Wiki - It is the largest telecommunications equipment maker in the world

Thread Starter #9

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
and yeah please tell me about this screen resolution as well. i read some people commenting that " this screen size should have a HD resolution" [confused]

so big screen and less resolution , i think it's bad but don't know how bad.

and yeah please tell me about this screen resolution as well. i read some people commenting that " this screen size should have a HD resolution" [confused]

so big screen and less resolution , i think it's bad but don't know how bad.
The new micromax has hd resolution . Why not a nokia 800 its just 17,000 rs now with Bluetooth headset free .[roll]

Thread Starter #14

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The new micromax has hd resolution . Why not a nokia 800 its just 17,000 rs now with Bluetooth headset free .[roll]
the screen is small. i want atleast 4".

well this type of problem can occur in any company's phone. it's not company related but some faulty unit.

Why not try this one?

Karbonn S1 Titanium smartphone with 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, Android 4.1 launched for Rs. 10,990

Karbonn S1 Titanium smartphone with 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, Android 4.1 launched for Rs. 10,990 | NDTV Gadgets
don't know what to say. i'm more interested in he chipsets and all [confused]

well ascend g600 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260. will go to market and see if the phone is available. so how's the processor ?

All the smaller brands like micromax, huawai, iball, karbonn etc., all use the parts from china. The quality is more or less same and not much of difference, if one is lucky his/her handset will not go bad - but it is not like samsung, htc, apple etc., whch also partly procure from china/thailand etc., however have stringent quality control on the parts and the vendor. Info recd from a source in one of the smaller brands.

The cost is lower due to this and also the minor difference in cost is primarily play between the margins each company wants to charge and the negotiation on the raw material with the vendor. Having said that companies like iball have extended suite of products and have a setup to assemble, manufacture some of the components in here.

Top Bottom