Android v/s iOS !!!

Android or iOS - your pick?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Exciting title, isnt it?

There is always a HUGE war between iOS fans and Android Fans. I am taking about smartphones only! Lets have a healthy and informative debate ([evil]) on which OS is actually better and why.

Oh yes, I have added a poll too.

Attachments

whats left, ios vs windows!

why not have a dedicated thread for ios vs android vs windows vs jolla vs meego vs ff
all trollers will have a field day [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
well there's another thread specifically for apple , so anyone can compare products their as well. and theferrarifan and nitin posted some good points [;)]

and btw , there are many other os like ubuntu and the upcoming blackberry OS.

i say , let's discuss apple products in one specific thread. let windows and android discussion in one thread and all the other including what nitin posted should be discussed in another. my opinion.[]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
@theferrarifan: Well, we are comparing just the OS and not the hardware. So essentially it does not matter.

But still, to be fair, we can compare the iPhone5 to the Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X or Sony Xperia Z.

Last edited:
Exciting title, isnt it?

There is always a HUGE war between iOS fans and Android Fans. I am taking about smartphones only! Lets have a healthy and informative debate ([evil]) on which OS is actually better and why.

Oh yes, I have added a poll too.
Raj that was a good pic.[:)]

well there's another thread specifically for apple , so anyone can compare products their as well. and theferrarifan and nitin posted some good points [;)]

and btw , there are many other os like ubuntu and the upcoming blackberry OS.

i say , let's discuss apple products in one specific thread. let windows and android discussion in one thread and all the other including what nitin posted should be discussed in another. my opinion.[]
What blackberry? They are the worst smartphone makers out there.[frustration]

Thread Starter #11
Give some reasons guys!

I prefer Android over iOS because -

1) Android has a lot of handsets to choose from. I dislike the iPhone as I personally feel it is too expensive for what it offers.
2) iOS does not have a dedicated home screen. I prefer a nice and clean home-screen (desktop in case of my PC). The iOS has lots of icons right when you unlock the screen.
3) The fact that iOS is smooth and Android is not is A MYTH! The Android is as smooth as the iOS, especially Android 4.0 and higher.
4) iOS is not really a multi tasking OS in its true sense, Android is...
5) Android offers unlimited options to personalize your phone - something as basic as adding live wallpapers to something more complicated like changing the launcher itself. Not possible with iOS.
6) Android is an open platform, it is very easy to root an Android phone and put your custom ROM. Not so with iOS.
7) Android Play store is better than iOS' app store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayx4XsBaJBI&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGQ_xts_Gw&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlPKVWv1WxU&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5A4k1bDV0s&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Stock Androids are known to be very reliable and bug free. I have been using an Android for the past 3.5 years, along with iOS. Started with Android 1.6, graduated to 2.2 and now finally at Android 4.0... waiting to be promoted to 4.1! I have never rooted my phones and never had any issues or bugs with the OS.

Looks like this thread is another inadvertent attempt to say RIP iOS.

I never used iOS, but every other OS once upon a time used it as a benchmark!

I am convinced ,for the price apple did deliver but hey, Android is free !!!

i have used iOS iPhone for 5 years and well, its been a great experience.

normally what I say is that iOS is for sheep herd mentality people. Apple launches new product and sheep start running behind it. ([evil]) it is easy to use and the feel-good-factor is there no doubt.

android, well i have used it also quite a lot on SII and SIII. its nice and there is a whole lot of customizations that can be done and the devices these days like the HTC Droid DNA and SIII or even the Micromax Canvas 2 shows that different people can have accodring their personal tastes a phone which they want. Apple users i feel compromise on that.

Top Bottom