Samsung Galaxy Grand 5" Android Phone

Thread Starter #1
Samsung-Galaxy-Grand1.jpg

Samsung mobile is planning to launch a new 5'' inch android phone i.e. Samsung galaxy grand to cope up the mid-range segment. It will come in two different variant, one with single sim and another with dual-sim. Dual-Sim version expected to launch earlier due to give strong competition to desi dual-core android phones especially Micromax Canvas II. The price will be around 20-25 thousand Indian Rupees. It will give competition to LG Optimus L9 as well but normal consumer will be benefited by this.
Samsung-GALAXY-Grand.jpg

Talking about the specs it will be equipped with 5'' inch capacitive LCD screen (16M color) with 480 x 800 pixels, 5.0 inches (~187 ppi pixel density). On inside it will boast a Dual-core processor (1.2Ghz) with 1GB Ram.

dsc05950.jpg
Real photo of the phone

Internal memory will be 8GB which can be expanded upto 64GB. But main value point is its camera, rear it has 8MP CMOS sensor and on front normal 2MP camera for video calling and chatting purpose. Video recording is upto 1080P@30 FPS which is too good. Camera has other feature like autofocus, geotagging, smile -detection and Image-Stabilization. On OS front it will come with latest android version Jelly-bean 4.1.2 and 2100 mah battery.
I think this phone will be big hit and waiting for its launch.

Full Specs

Capture.JPG

Engadget hands-on review
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos hands-on (video)

Hands-on video

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 First Looks/Hands-On@CES 2013 - YouTube

Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand five inch android phone

I feel there is still a good demand for a sub 20k phone which others might be interested in.
The S3 now at 30k has become somewhat niche.
Hence those brand specific audience are their target customers.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand five inch android phone

20-25K to beat the canvas? Are they serious?
Not to beat, I mean they were launching same specs like desi android dual-core to give good competition . And from good brand like samsung its always costly . But still price is not announced yet just wait and watch. I am eying for this phone

But if they launch it at around 25k, this will surely kill Note I.

Actually I dont understand what Samsung is trying to achieve here.

On one hand they are launching new Galaxy Grand, and on the other hand they are upgrading the current Galaxy SII. And I am assuming that both will fall under same price bracket. And also the spec are somewhat same for both.

Samsung Galaxy S II Plus is here, with Jelly Bean on board - News - Know Your Mobile India

Last edited by a moderator:
If pricing is going to be 20+ thousands, then it wont help sales much. Whether the branded cos like it or not - the smaller brands like karbon, iball, micromax with chinese support are increasing their market share in the android segment.

Top Bottom