WhatsApp: News & Discussions

Thread Starter #1
Hi All Gadget Freaks... While re-installing whats app as it was hanging a bit, i got a message in installation progress.
1 Month of service remaining, and than its only Rs. 55 a year [surprise]
As i am a regular user of Whatsapp application, i feel it is not fair to make this application a paid one. As their are many other free applications like Facebook, Skype, Viber, ChatOn etc. Do you think it is a good move by Whatsapp.
It is irritating me a bit to pay for this app, though i know i am acting a bit miser but still... :stupid:

Attachments

Re: WhatsApp- Free or Paid???

Hi All Gadget Freaks... While re-installing whats app as it was hanging a bit, i got a message in installation progress.
1 Month of service remaining, and than its only Rs. 55 a year [surprise]
As i am a regular user of Whatsapp application, i feel it is not fair to make this application a paid one. As their are many other free applications like Facebook, Skype, Viber, ChatOn etc. Do you think it is a good move by Whatsapp.
It is irritating me a bit to pay for this app, though i know i am acting a bit miser but still... :stupid:
Since how long have you been using it ? I have been using it for 3 months never faced a problem so far . But heard that after a year they charge you .

Thread Starter #3

I am using it from last 8 months. I was getting some stupid mass mesaages like send this message to 15 people in your friend list then your ikon will become green or else you have to pay to use whatsapp in future. But now it is officially announced by whatsapp while installing the application. I was curious thatswhy i asked about same. Think if all the social networking sites and applications will ask us to pay for using their services. [anger]

official faq

For iPhone there is only a one-time
charge, when you first download the
app. Thankfully, Apple lets you re-
download WhatsApp for free, as
many times as you need. Please
remember to use the same AppleID
each time.
For all other phone types (Android,
BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and
Nokia), WhatsApp is free to
download and try for the first year.
After which, you have the option of
subscribing to an additional year of
service for $0.99 USD.
Subscriptions are cumulative, so if
you pay for an additional year of
service, it will add to your current
subscription or free year-long trial.
There is no difference between the
free and paid versions of WhatsApp
other than the length of service.

I'm using it from past 2 yrs in my android phone I never paid a single Paisa for whatsapp.... It's is completely free for android. :)

well what you can do is delete it completely like all root files of it as well then fresh install whatsapp. it worked for me too. i had this error as well.

well what you can do is delete it completely like all root files of it as well then fresh install whatsapp. it worked for me too. i had this error as well.
They track you by Phone number. change the phone number and you are as good as new .
Its 3rd month for me and I feel it is worth a dollar.

It is free for the first year, then a yearly charge of 1USD is applicable, this is how it has been as far as i know. I've been using it for more than a year now, got a 6 month free extension. You can find your expiration date on settings- account.

Download is free any number of times. Reinstalling won't renew your subscription, it is tracked by your mobile number.

im not too sure Jayadev. I had it on my HTC, and well then I changed to my Nokia and it was renewed for a year again.

It is free for the first year, then a yearly charge of 1USD is applicable, this is how it has been as far as i know. I've been using it for more than a year now, got a 6 month free extension. You can find your expiration date on settings- account.

Download is free any number of times. Reinstalling won't renew your subscription, it is tracked by your mobile number.
I wonder how I used it for 2 yrs without any payment, I just checked my accound it will expire on march, and they also added that once you purchased it then you have keep you phone number same otherwise it will be a new subscription,
I was expecting this as per Google account here the it is different.

I wonder how I used it for 2 yrs without any payment, I just checked my accound it will expire on march, and they also added that once you purchased it then you have keep you phone number same otherwise it will be a new subscription,
I was expecting this as per Google account here the it is different.
But if it is a new number then first year subscription is free. they track by your mobile number. But pity of the person who buys your dead number and will not get the free WhastsApp. [lol]

But if it is a new number then first year subscription is free. they track by your mobile number. But pity of the person who buys your dead number and will not get the free WhastsApp. [lol]
hahahaha, true. but 55 /- is worth for this app. really wonderful

Top Bottom