Suggest a New Phone Till Rs.40K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ians,

We are gonna purchase a new phone in few months for my father,who is using iPhone 3GS September 2011,which is installed with IOS6 a month ago.As the 3GS getting older and being a discontinued model in Apple Company,we are going to buy a Phone till Rs.40K.

The Phones which we shortlisted are:

1.iPhone 5 and
2.Samsung Galaxy Note II

But,my friends,who are using iPhone,suggested me to go for Note II for its extended battery backup.

What Phone we should buy?

Last edited:
Go for Galaxy Note II, it is a beast. Performance has no limits!

iPhone 5 is a just a plain iPhone 4 with an extra inch and carries a snob value in the masses. BTW, I've seen iPhone users cursing themselves while using the phone.

I Phone 5 music swift. Galaxy is not special to use and IMO its too big to be practical. The A6 and retina make it wonderful to use. Lumia 920 is also good.

It all depends on what you do with your phone. Since you mentioned about iPhone and Note which are different breeds, first you have to narrow down your OS choice based on what services you are using now and if you are happy with it.
If you are an apple person and if you like your experience then you should go for the apple products. On the other hand if you are in to Google and related stuff like Google Plus, Google Docs, Google Maps and location services, Google Tasks, Contacts on Google) then Android based phone is good. I feel S3 is a excellent choice.
Now with the introduction of windows 8, even windows phone also in the challenge. If you want to have access to MS Office features from your phone then look in to WM8 Lumia 920.

I am basically a S2 user and I think still lot of juice left in it before I look for a change. Make sure to choose a right sized phone according to your use.

Your budget seems great!!!!
I have used galaxy S2, S3 but not note 2 In apple 3GS,4,4S and 5.
i suggest you 4S or 5
dont go with galaxy as you have used to apple you wont like android.
In my point
Iphone's camera are great.
gaming in iphone is the best.
In Android
you get more screen resolution in S3 or note 2.
display clarity will be best.
Processor speed of iphone is unbeatable.
if you load your iphone fully tooo it wont affect speed of the phone.

As you have used Apple, you surely won't like Android. SO can go with Lumia 920 WP8 phone.
bhai best suggestion.

even i was apple user for 5 years then switched to Android but experience was good still lacked the wow factor of iOS. now switched to Symbian for the retro experience. [:D] but even i am looking at WP8 phones now.

Hey Music_Swift if your are considering the Note 2 I would also suggest the HTC One X+ else the HTC One X is always there get one in grey then it doesnt look very ostentatious. I am using a HTC One X and its great the battery issue is solved after the update to Jelly Bean

iPhone 5 All the way !!! Since your dad has been using iPhone so the transition will be that much easier. Android will be a different world. Also (in my mind) iPhone users will not like the interface and also the screen feedback of android devices.

If you are sticking with apple, i would suggest you to go for 4s, best of the lot and now with 5 launched available in a very better pricing too.

Hey Music_Swift if your are considering the Note 2 I would also suggest the HTC One X+ else the HTC One X is always there get one in grey then it doesnt look very ostentatious. I am using a HTC One X and its great the battery issue is solved after the update to Jelly Bean
Seriously!

After getting the s/w update, battery life is awesome now. It takes a lot more time to charge and yes, it lasts like Nokia 1100 now. [:D]

Thread Starter #14
Already have HTC.Not impressed with HTC.I too have an HTC bought from US by my uncle and BTW,Note II impressed me much.But,Dad going to buy again iPhone again.But,this time it is a replacement for my mom's HTC Android.Why because,on 11th Jan 2013,my mom's birthday and I and my father going to gift her a new phone.Today,the iPhone wholesale dealers(not I-store,Aptronix and Reliance Digital) said will give 4S for Rs.34K to Rs.36K.But,they will give I5 for Rs.44K.But,my Sir,who is having cell phone dealer at Secunderabad,suggested me to go there and tell his name for 5% to 10% discount.

GO for the iphone 5 since it is almost close to your budget buddy.
It's one hell of a phone. Your mom will love it especially after using an HTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom