Android v/s Windows !

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i have to buy a phone in early months of 2013. february - march.

i had a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc before which unfortunately was stolen (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/member-s-lounge/10176-lost-my-phone.html)

so that's why i want to buy a phone. why in 2013 ? because many phones are unveiled in CES event (http://www.cesweb.org/). so i'm waiting for a 2013 phone.

since i have used an android i don't want an android anymore. i don't want all that 6 lakhs application of which i only used 30 apps.

android +ve points -

1. customization. now what to say about this. you can customize your phone the way you want. its a fantastic thing.
2. applications. i only used 30-40 applications so not a + point for me.

android -ve points -
1. battery - i just hate this thing. 3g on and it sucks battery like anything.
2. the hardware becomes outdated with the launch of next android version.

so why i'm choosing a windows phone ?

i want to go back to the basic things , don't want all that extra things which android offers.
just normal messaging , whatsapp calling but yeah obviously that phone which makes all these things easier.

i'm thinking of nokia lumia 920 yes a nokia. i don't care at what position nokia is but they launched a really good phone. and i just loved the features.

so i'm here opening this discussion so that i can get more advantages and limitations of both the android as well as windows. just say what actually is in your mind.

I have a lumia 800 and its not a basic phone. Its very different and innovative. Now android and ios are quite boring for me.Plus good battery too. And the 920 is just awesome

Thread Starter #3

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i know nothing is basic [;)] that's why i'm really considering lumia 920. because i know it's full of everything i want.

best camera , navigation. i'm sure it will have whatsapp [:D] and as far as games are concerned. i will just keep 2-3 games just to pass time when getting bored.

so is there any site where i can see windows 8 applications ? i searched but it showed only windows 8 desktop applications.

yes, I had an iphone 4s before and I liked the Lumia more. Just like you my 4s was stolen.
I think you and me are outliers here [:D]

I too own a lumia 800 white edition . Before I had a htc trophy windows 7 , then updated to nodo then to windows 7.5 .

I just love the windows expreince so much its fluid , fast , elegant and extremely easy to use .

And very good battery backup too .

Which colour lumia are you using ?

i know nothing is basic [;)] that's why i'm really considering lumia 920. because i know it's full of everything i want.

best camera , navigation. i'm sure it will have whatsapp [:D] and as far as games are concerned. i will just keep 2-3 games just to pass time when getting bored.

so is there any site where i can see windows 8 applications ? i searched but it showed only windows 8 desktop applications.
Windows phone market is the place were you will see the apps there are more then 1lakh app .
Skype , what's app , viber , Xbox live , metro tube , times of India , ndtv , you name all the imp apps they have it . And tight integration with Facebook , twitter , and very nice email client .

And since you have played with my phone along with your android you know how fast it is in doing things [;)]

iOS, Android, and Windows Phone each have a lot to offer, and will appeal to people differently depending on what they want.

For me Best hardware: iPhone 5 Best Looking: iPhone 5 but Worst OS: iPhone 5.

So it is going to be Android for me anytime and i have used to it. No comments for Windows as i hardly find windows phone with my dear ones. Good to have a change.

Android VS Windows is something like discussing on a Sedan VS Hatchback. It all depends on what one wants to do with his/her phone.

IMO go for Windows phone if you want just a phone with good browsing speed, Email Messenger, battery life. However, if you are an app fan, then Android is the way to go.

Windows OS is yet to make its presence in the Smartphone segment. But from your thread you have almost decided to go for Windows phone.

Whatever the basic features you have listed here will be there in Windows phone.

But having a smartphone and not able to do things like Mobile Banking, Movie tickets (for e.g.) - I will definitely not vouch for that?

You will not get the important apps on Windows mobile platform.

I think you and me are outliers here [:D]

I too own a lumia 800 white edition . Before I had a htc trophy windows 7 , then updated to nodo then to windows 7.5 .

I just love the windows expreince so much its fluid , fast , elegant and extremely easy to use .

And very good battery backup too .

Which colour lumia are you using ?
I own a black lumia. I am bored of android and Ios so I got windows phone. Very nice to use. Btw which are the best settings for the camera?

@Allhyundaicars, if you use only general features, the current hardware is way more than enough.
And yeah, Windows Phone 8 = Lumia 920 despite it's heavy i.e rock solid.
Or wait for Samsung to launch their WP8 phones. Do check out the HTC 8X.
@Nitin, :lol!:

I am also waiting for Samsung W8 phone which is ATIVS as per the image here.

Currently am using Nokia E71 and am new to Android and Windows. Infact, my brother is using SIII but I have not explored it much except for playing few games.

Can anyone say that all banking, movie tickets, etc applications can't be used in Windows phone?

Thanks
Harish

Attachments

yes, I had an iphone 4s before and I liked the Lumia more. Just like you my 4s was stolen.
Hadn't you configured Find My Iphone App?
So sad to hear this.
iOS, Android, and Windows Phone each have a lot to offer, and will appeal to people differently depending on what they want.

For me Best hardware: iPhone 5 Best Looking: iPhone 5 but Worst OS:[surprise] iPhone 5.
Why is that , can you explain why you felt worst?

change the thread title to windows phone fan club
Ha ha:lol!:

I do have Iphone 4, 4S and 5 as well.[:)]

Top Bottom