LG Nexus 4 Reviews

Thread Starter #1
Recently I have been reading a lot about LG Nexus 4. So far the review have been awesome. I am planning to buy it when launch in India. Any Idea of release dates in India?

Any first hand reviews or suggestions/recommendations will be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Re: LG Nexus 4

In india officially it is going to be a lot expensive.
People most of them have got it imported from USA using Aramex shop and ship and paying custom duties.
This would be a cheaper route since flagship androids do not run so much into trouble and they are the first to receive updates.

The Specs:
1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
3G (WCDMA), HSPA+
4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus 1280x768p display with 320PPI & Zerogap Touch technology
8GB / 16GB internal storage
2GB RAM
8.0MP rear camera | 1.3MP HD front camera
2,100mAh Li-Polymer (embedded battery) with Talk time: 15.3 hours / Standby: 390 hours
Wireless charging with a new accessory ORB
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, NFC, Bluetooth
Corning Gorila Glass 2
Back is made of glass — etched, layered glass that sparkles with a strange, almost holographic depth.
133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm | Weight: 139g

8GB Version For US $299
16GB Version For US $349

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i too will buy a phone this february. i don't wish to buy an android [sleep] it has many limitations.

was thinking of buying a windows phone , probably lumia 920. specs are good and i used raja's lumia and i wasn't disappointed at all.

don't want to hijack the thread but can we talk about windows phone also ? [confused]

Nexus 4 is awesome. I like the wireless charging feature ;)
Will get next year from USA [:D]

Thread Starter #7

@allhyundaicars : No problem, we can discuss about Windows mobile as well. I read the review of Lumia 920 as well and am impressed with the same.

@Tenida : As I am very much surprised by Wireless charging feature. And also Google Now, that is similar to Siri in IPhone 5.

i too will buy a phone this february. i don't wish to buy an android [sleep] it has many limitations.

was thinking of buying a windows phone , probably lumia 920. specs are good and i used raja's lumia and i wasn't disappointed at all.

don't want to hijack the thread but can we talk about windows phone also ? [confused]
I don't think Android has limitations.The plus point of Android is its openness.
Limitations can happen due to Hardware spec.This can happen to any mobile OS. Even in iphone4, the latest IOS lags a lot and some SW functions won't work.
For better Android exp, we should have 1GB RAM and Min 1GHZ processor.

WP UI is good. But we buy smartphones not only for calling and SMS, we need APPS? for Apps, in WP we need to wait.. Current WP's are good in outlook mail and MS Office integrations. Apps are there but practically very limited.
Better we can discusses this in seperate thread.

LG Nexus 4 is good and VFM if you get it from US. In india, officially we won't get it for the same price .

Thanks.

Thread Starter #9

I don't think Android has limitations.The plus point of Android is its openness
Exactly, the openness is the thing thats dragged me towards Android, I like to try new things, where ISO have it own sets of limitations form what we can do and how we can do. Windows I also think is some what similar is what it allows us to do extra. But Android, there are endless possibilities. And also I want to try out some of my programming capabilities on Android SDK. [:D]

LG Nexus 4 is good and VFM if you get it from US. In india, officially we won't get it for the same price .

Thanks.

I am just trying out all my contacts, in US to have it. Lets hope I get it sooner or later. [clap]

Last edited:
Some sites have put up its preorder prices for 8GB version for around 21.5k and over 25k for 16 GB version.

Are those prices fair?

Thread Starter #11
Some sites have put up its preorder prices for 8GB version for around 21.5k and over 25k for 16 GB version.

Are those prices fair?
I dont know, I have also seen many sites doing so, but I am reluctant to go ahead and do such bookings. Rather I would wait. [glasses]

The thing with such phones is that once the seller starts getting demand from those phones the prices doubles up pretty quick.
That happened with samsung focus with all the galaxy s,s2s and the burst.

Thread Starter #13
Grabmore.in is providing the Nexus 4 8gb for 25K, they will actually import from US and ship it to you, Till yesterday they were also providing Nexus 4 16GB, but today when I checked it is out of stock. [lol]

Thread Starter #15
If it falls within S3 or NoteII range then I will better buy NoteII than Nexus. There is no proper reasoning for the my buying logic here. [lol]

Top Bottom