Help in Connecting Tata Photon To TV!

Thread Starter #1

Ad!tya

Suspended
Hi folks. I recently purchased a 'Panasonic Viera '.
The seller told me that I can straight away connect any dongle (I have Tata Photon+) for accessing facebook on the television.
I have been trying for very long, but no difference! Anyone help me in connecting the device to the TV.

Thanks.

Thread Starter #2

Ad!tya

Suspended
Sorry! Forgot to mention the model number in the first post. It is 'Panasonic viera 32X33D' LED TV. [:)]

Waiting for suggestions.

The seller told me that I can straight away connect any dongle (I have Tata Photon+) for accessing facebook on the television.
I have been trying for very long, but no difference! Anyone help me in connecting the device to the TV.

Thanks.
You can connect only USB storage device.
For internet to work on TV you will be having a LAN port.

There is no way a Photon+ will work with TV for browsing, until and unless its a Wifi hub, and your TV must be wifi enabled.

So the seller has fooled you, it can accept any USB devices but it won't work.

Only hard disk or Pen drives with movies, music and photos can be accessed through the USB port.

as far as i know , no standalone tv will support connection to internet via a usb modem.

there may be many a usb modules which support dlna streaming via wi-fi but that much is what you can expect in an LCD tv.

Thread Starter #5

Ad!tya

Suspended
But, there is a sticker thingy on the TV in which features are written and 'F' (facebook) is also written there.
Also, there's a shortcut for accessing facebook in 'Viera tools', the thing is how will I connect using photon+!

Hello Aditya,

Sticker about Facebook doesn't mean that you can use a 3G dongle. You can use Facebook if you have a device with Facebook installed and there is network connectivity.

You can connect to the network on 'Panasonic viera 32X33D' using a couple of ways.

- Using the Ethernet, you have the RJ45 slot behind the TV
- Using the WI-FI.

Using WI-FI deosn't mean that you can a 3G dongle. Any device which can work as WI-FI router using the WAP protocol could share the internet to the TV. For example WI-FI router, Smart Phones like Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Desire S which have the ability to act as a router using their 3G network. In our scenario you can only use the TATA Photon dongle with the TV like a pendrive using a Memory card installed in the 3G dongle.

Thanks.
bro, i too have panasonic viera 42 inch plasma. you cannot connect USB dongle to it.
facebook can be accessed through WIFI(needs separate adapter)/ethernet.

BTW in USB you can connect Skype camera, HDD, Pendrive and Keyboard. I guess there will be a SD card slot in yours also

Thread Starter #8

Ad!tya

Suspended
@Ramesh : Thanks for the clarification. Now I remember that the seller had also said the same! (i.e. wifi)
@Sai : Yeup. There's an SD card slot also.

@All : Sorry for bothering you all! :stupid:

Hi, There are wifi enabled dongle available in the market to make your tv smart-tv (If your tv does not support wifi connection directly). As your tv is already supporting wifi capability, you can connect your wireless modem to your tv.

Thread Starter #12

Ad!tya

Suspended
Thanks rajscorpion.
I am not at home now. So, will tell you the results once I try the steps given in link by fusiondefusion.

I too was in same dilemma when I purchase my Sony Bravia LED TV few months back. Since LAN wasn't available, I tried to connect USB Modem but it wasn't successful. Later I have purchased, TP-Link wireless router which can connect both broadband and USB modem at a time for online backup in case if one connection fails. I am using my Idea net-setter plugged into this wireless router and then cable between router and LAN port of SONY BRAVIA. Now I am happy in making calls to my home and do video chat with my parents via SKYPE. They need not operate computer for accessing Skype instead, just switch on TV and accept my call by pressing a button in the remote. Thanks to SONY BRAVIA.[clap][clap]

Buddy, can you share the prices of the accessories you mentioned above.
TL-MR3220 Wireless router - 1800
Idea Net-setter USB Modem - 1750
LAN cable (Cat-6) - 500

Other than above

Sony BRAVIA 26" LED - 29000
Skype camera for Sony Bravia - 4800

Top Bottom